I was thinking about getting a Line 6 Spider IV 30W until I started reading around on the internet about how they're really bad.

I went to test one out and it didn't really sound that bad.

?
People are biased and dumb. If it's not what their favorite artist uses, then they hate it. Line 6 makes good gear. I think Marshall sucks, it's all in preference and often the haters of anything are the most vocal of it.
I hate people. Especially black people.
the effects and distortion sound too digital for the majority of people, and i think they've had some reliability issues
They are too digital and dont sound pure.

however really if you are just a casual player and like to play a variety of songs I see no problem with them. you can get any tone really fast and dont have to spend a bunch of money on pedals
Don't, please DON'T get a Spider. Way too many people have fallen into that trap.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Mostly because they actually have no opinion of their own.
Partially because UG told them so.
A little bit because a Spider sounds just as crappy as any other practice amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by prunejuiceman74
People are biased and dumb. If it's not what their favorite artist uses, then they hate it. Line 6 makes good gear. I think Marshall sucks, it's all in preference and often the haters of anything are the most vocal of it.

Oh, the irony...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by jo.JAWBREAKER
I was thinking about getting a Line 6 Spider IV 30W until I started reading around on the internet about how they're really bad.

I went to test one out and it didn't really sound that bad.

?

well as people have said the tone isnt amazing but its fantastic for a bedroom rocker. basically they are jsut big practice amps. also the spider 4's distortion is terrible my friends got the 212 combo but the clean channel is pretty good.

i would recommend the spider valve. ive got one, its the best sounding line 6 ive played (ive played them all but the spider 1) and its half tube