Right now im playing with a MIM Fender Jazz and a crappy 15w line 6. So my question is when should i get a good amp(half stack)? I practice alot at home, jam with friends whenever i can and ive been only playing since december. Would a acoustic 1x15 or 4x10 be too big? I plan to be in a band soon. Thanks
Quote by spoonmeatloaf
Right now im playing with a MIM Fender Jazz and a crappy 15w line 6. So my question is when should i get a good amp(half stack)? I practice alot at home, jam with friends whenever i can and ive been only playing since december. Would a acoustic 1x15 or 4x10 be too big? I plan to be in a band soon. Thanks

as soon as you can afford it.

no.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
The 4x10 would be a better choice. It's a bit more to lug around, but it will give you a better sound. It will also help you cut through if you play loud music in a band with a loud drummer and a guitarist armed with a 50-watt or larger tube amplifier.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
The 4x10 would be a better choice. It's a bit more to lug around, but it will give you a better sound. It will also help you cut through if you play loud music in a band with a loud drummer and a guitarist armed with a 50-watt or larger tube amplifier.

not necessarily. TS, try both, and see which you like the sound of better.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.