hey guys, im upgrading an ash hss strat, switching out the pups. i think ive found the pups i want individually, but not sure how they would go together in the same rig. the bridge humbucker, im looking at a bkp nailbomb. reasonably high output (15, i think), modern tone. for the singles i m looking at suhr fl's, more vintage vibe, medium output (6.5). very stratty. on their own, ive loved what i have heard., but they are very different pickups. should i have concerns putting them into the same guitar?

thanks
do you need them to be the same output? isn't that kind of the point in going for different-spec pickups in the first place?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, i dont need them the same output, im more concerned with them being so different sounding (classic vs modern) that they may clash. and volume wise, id like them to be useable together.
What about the use of 500k pots (as normally recommended for HBs), won't they make the singles extra trebley?
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
You can get modern and vintage tones regardless of output. If you're not going to make use of high-output (i.e. you're not using the pickups to push a valve amp harder; maybe you prefer to just turn the gain control up further, add a boost pedal, whatever) then you might as well get a lower-output pickup that will respond to your playing better. Lots of companies make pickups that have lower output with a modern tone. Hell, that's how DiMarzio make most of their money.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I suppose you could always toy with the pickup heights to solve possibl volume issues?
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
even paf-type humbuckers have a fair bit more output than vintage output singles. Personally I'd just put up with it, if you ask me it equals more versatility, not less. you can mess with the pickup heights, too, as gego said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?