I've been testing guitars at dorsey music latley and I've had a hard time thinking about which company makes the best quality sounding electric guitars. My first guitar I ever had was a Fender and I always loved that guitar and still do, but I was playing the guitars at the music store and the Ibanez guitars sound just as good. Which one do you think is better?
I had a strat and have a tele, I'd say an Ibanez for a similar price (prestige, Japan) is better. It's all very personal though, feel tone is quite different.
Last edited by Tempoe at May 27, 2010,
it's all about your taste. IMO Ibanez does sound better - but it depends on the model. However, I've never seen Clapton or Knopfler play one.

Taste, quality of work, quality of guitar... it all has a share. It's similar to cars; BMW, Ferarri or Chevrolet - depends on the model and your preferences.
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah
neither. also, this thread is pointless
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Depends on the model, but I prefer Ibanez ...
Last edited by Tyraziell at May 27, 2010,
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'd go with Fender. I love the Xiphos and the Destroyer, but even then, the pickups they use in those aren't made by Ibanez themselves(DiMarzio D-Activators...=D), and I'm not a big fan of the Ibanezes I've played with Ibanez pickups, whereas I love Fender pickups. Plus, I actually find Fender Strats better for playing metal than Ibanez RGs. o_o Call me crazy.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Ibanez guitars are like sport cars, while Fender guitars are like hot Rods, both are pretty cool, but depends on your taste.... I'd go for the sport car (H), like a JEM or an S