At first I thought it was cotton, but then I wondered why cotton would be in my guitar, so I wondered if it could be mold. That was the best pic I could take of it.
Not a very good pic... Does your camera have a "macro" mode? Offhand, I would suspect a label of some sort that's starting to come loose.
Sometimes, pieces of cloth are glued over the joints of braces; this could have been poorly glued or just coming loose as well.
yea, usually theres just cloth holding joints together like he said. you can try loosening your strings enough to fit your hand through and feel around.
Quote by Bikewer
Not a very good pic... Does your camera have a "macro" mode? Offhand, I would suspect a label of some sort that's starting to come loose.
Sometimes, pieces of cloth are glued over the joints of braces; this could have been poorly glued or just coming loose as well.

I'm pretty sure it does...I just didn't know what it did. I'll try and get a better picture.

Edit: New picture.

Last edited by Alex Vik at May 27, 2010,
Looks like the same crud that's coming off the string on the left. Remove them, wipe out whatever the stuff is on the inside and install new strings. If you keep the guitar in an extremely damp environment it can grow mold on the inside. Usually it'll be a different color that white though, which leads me to believe that it's fuzz of some sort.
are those coated strings? if so, maybe the coating is flaking off the strings - that happens with some of them.