Which is the most versatile tube combo out there? It doesnt have to have a whole bunch of effects and stuff but it has to be able to be loud enough to play studio gigs and clubs. my price rage around 500-600 dollars.
Unfortunately, all-tube versatility comes at a price... I can name tons of versatile tube combos that cost a dumpload, but only few under a thousand. Though I don't personally enjoy them, Traynor amps can and have been used well on several occasions, though not many of them have been high-gain. Fender offers some decent tube combos that can be boosted with a nice stompbox in front of the amp. I would personally recommend simply saving up a few hundred more dollars, as at that point, it will open up a whole new world of options to you.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
every genre? how bout if like I bought an amp with amazing cleans for 500 then just save for a nice pedal for distortion and overdrive?
have a look at the blackstar ht 20, if you can afford another $100 the ht 40 may be a better choice
at that kind of money, maybe a traynor ycv? it's not versatile in the same way an engl se, bogner xtc or mesa roadking is, but it's about as good as you're going to get without spending a lot more money.

is your main priority modern (i.e. high gain) or vintage (lower gain, cleans, crunch) tones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ranelbau
every genre? how bout if like I bought an amp with amazing cleans for 500 then just save for a nice pedal for distortion and overdrive?

It's an option, but each tube amp will respond VERY differently to different pedals. I personally don't dig distortion pedals over clean channels, but using overdrive to boost a pushed clean, or cranked low-gain amp can work wonders on your preamp.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
well what about the other way around? like good distortion then chorus pedal?
Every genre of music?

Used Line 6 Flextone, used Line 6 Vetta, Vypyr Tube, perhaps the Jet City JCA100 or JCA50.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yea every genre, our band literally played a reggae song then went straight to punk then metalcore. we're pretty versatile.
ya, ive been looking at the peavey vypyr tube 60 and 120 and they sound really good, lots of effects, a looper if u get the pedal, and digital output for recording. the 120 watt is about 600 dollars, the 60 is about 400
What about the egnater tweaker? I've heard good things!
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Ranelbau
yea every genre, our band literally played a reggae song then went straight to punk then metalcore. we're pretty versatile.

Spider valve mark II.