Ive been thinking pit. Ive improved socially, know my place better and Im less unsure. Though there is one thing that remains, and thats that I never met anyone, even not friends where I can like be myself. Sure, I can adapt to other people, but that only goes so far for yourself. I feel like Im doing things I want, though not finding people who are more likeminded than the people around me.

Maybe it has something to do with me moving from a city to a town, where the cultural differences are apparent.

Does the pit have opinions on this? Didnt know where to put this, maybe some of the pit went through a similar situation. Not asking much, just if theres one way this kinda resolves and I start finding people who Im more comfortable with, since there is always something missing or something.
There isn't an answer to this sort of thing, mate. No simple way to meet like minded people. My advice is just meet people in general, you'll be surprised how similar we all are.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
You'd probably meet more likeminded people if you were yourself. If you act differently than what you are, obviously you'll have it hard meeting likeminded people.
Quote by salgala2000
Why don't you tell us what your like??

Im a person who likes a deep conversation, who laughes about random jokes, makes jokes that are considered by many not that funny except for my self. (For example, saying to a person randomly; ''Dont worry, whatever will happen Ill stand behind you'' and than litteraly stand behind someone) And I like to do stuff like roll on a piece of grass to see what its like, or go to jam with my guitar at 6 am in the morning, while having walked to a market place.

Is this just too particular? I cant really explain myself I think.

And thanks for all the comments so far :]
Last edited by Jyuuga at May 27, 2010,
I find it's almost impossible not to adapt my personality according to the people I'm around.

I can crack stupid jokes and cut up around my friends but when I'm talking to my grandpa I have to clean it up a bit and be more formal and mature.

I think everyone adapts themselves in different situations and just doesn't realize they do it. Anyone who claims that they are "themselves" around everyone is completely bullshitting you IMO.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I find it's almost impossible not to adapt my personality according to the people I'm around.

I can crack stupid jokes and cut up around my friends but when I'm talking to my grandpa I have to clean it up a bit and be more formal and mature.

I think everyone adapts themselves in different situations and just doesn't realize they do it. Anyone who claims that they are "themselves" around everyone is completely bullshitting you IMO.

That is what I was thinking about, except that except for my sister, I really dont have a lot of people I can be around without having the feeling of having to put effort in being interesting. Ofcourse it takes effort the first time you meet new people, but Im really not in a relaxed state with a lot of people, and thats something I dont like.
You can't be yourself around people you've just met. Not 100% anyway, and not with the INCREDIBLY vast majority of people you'll meet. Unless you and they are both excellent judges of character, you'll have to warm up to them, or you'll both think the other is a dumbass if you both start full throttle. Let me tell you a little story.

About four years ago, at the age of 22, I found myself with very few friends. All the guys I've known since school (and some since preschool) had moved except one, and he was visiting his girlfriend 3 hours away at every possible opportunity. I went to an open mic night, played, stuck around a little, and went home. I did this for a couple of months, before the hostess eventually asked me to sit at her table and make some friends. I didn't end up being great friends with her, but her roommate, and the people I met from having drinks at the bar across the street after open mic, are my best friends today, and I couldn't imagine not seeing some of them at least once a week. I'm also more comfortable taking to girls I've just met, because I know if I try to tell a joke to make them laugh and it bombs, one of my buddies will laugh at it, and at least he and I will have a good time. As a result, I'm better with women now, because when my friends are around I'm not dependent on their approval, and I can at least mostly be myself. Obviously some things need to leak out slowly. I usually let her swear first for instance, even though I like to swear.

To take it a little further: I had a crush on this one girl, and bombed horribly. But she was in my social circle, so I'd still see here around. There was also this one guy that talked funny, drank too much, and liked to ride his bike everywhere, so he was a little ripe sometimes. She ended up hooking up with him. I hated the guy for about a month, but eventually I decided I needed to be nice to him if we were all going to be spending time together anyway, and it turns out he's a pretty cool guy. We actually photographed a wedding together recently, and I had a really good time, even though I was with this guy, in a high-stress situation, for the better part of ten hours.

The moral of the story? Stop being who you want to be, and be who you are. Maybe your friends will stop calling you. That means they're not your friends. Doesn't make them bad people, but it does mean you need to move on. I don't talk to that hostess much anymore, even though she got me into a group of people I love.

And you'll always have to censor yourself a little around almost everybody. A couple of the guys that I've known longer like to rag on me because I had a streak where I dated a bunch of heavy girls in a row. So if I'm talking to a skinny chick, they'll tell me she's not my type. No way in hell they'd say that with one of the heavy girls in our group around, even if they'd had WAY too much to drink. The thought just doesn't even occur to them. But they're still being themselves - they're just ragging on me for something different.