So I have bought Monster cables frequently, like the one with the ends pictured below.

I have seen a lot of live bands use these cables and a lot of players in general say that they are great. However, every monster cable I get does that thing where if the cable isn't bent a certain way, it makes white noise instead of pretty guitar notes.

I am tired of spending 30 bucks every 2 or 3 months to buy myself a new cable. I want one that is 20 feet(ish) long, has one "L" shaped end, and will not quit working every month. What should I get?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
It sounds like mine. I thought it was the cables; no. It was my guitar. From constantly taking in and out cables (I use the one guitar for all my gigging and recording, practice etc) it had started to make the input loose. What I used to do was use a pair of pliers and tighten the input up, untill that stopped working. I then took it out, bought a new input, and resoldered the guitar. It works excellent now.

tl;dr It is your guitar. Monster cables are the shit. Not shit, but the shit.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Quote by METAL_MAN135
It sounds like mine. I thought it was the cables; no. It was my guitar. From constantly taking in and out cables (I use the one guitar for all my gigging and recording, practice etc) it had started to make the input loose. What I used to do was use a pair of pliers and tighten the input up, untill that stopped working. I then took it out, bought a new input, and resoldered the guitar. It works excellent now.

tl;dr It is your guitar. Monster cables are the shit. Not shit, but the shit.

if it is my guitar, it is every guitar i own, including a bass, and a friend of mine's guitar that i have at the moment as well...I know what i'm talking about here, it's the cable. I have the same problem on 4 guitars. I have another cable that came with a 90 dollar mini strat, and it doesn't have the same effect on my guitar. When i go to any guitar lesson, a friends house, wherever, i don't have this problem. Just with this kind of cable.

ive had the problem you are talking about on guitars before, i know the difference
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Last edited by rtfk101 at May 27, 2010,
2 things: (a) Monster cables have an unlimited lifetime replacement warranty, and (b) don't buy them. I'm a die hard user of a Planet Waves Custom Pro cable and I will swear that there's a noticeable difference in tone, never mind reliability. The Waves cable sounds more full and harmonically rich than the monster. Finally, the Planet Waves cable has the same warranty that the monsters do.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
2 things: (a) Monster cables have an unlimited lifetime replacement warranty, and (b) don't buy them. I'm a die hard user of a Planet Waves Custom Pro cable and I will swear that there's a noticeable difference in tone, never mind reliability. The Waves cable sounds more full and harmonically rich than the monster. Finally, the Planet Waves cable has the same warranty that the monsters do.

thanks, ill give them a try!
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Try mogami cables, they're used in studios and stuff.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Planet Waves custom pro cables are plain awesome.
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5