i thought i would share a preset i made in pod farm with you guys.It has a symphony x suond to it(IMO).so here you go.please tell me what you think of it also.

p.s:uses an amp head in the metal pack but you can try other to still get a similar sound

NOISE GATE

threshold:-6

decay:9

SCREAMER

drive:80

gain:80

tone:100

DIAMOND PLATE

drive:100

bass:70

middle:70

treble:100

presence:50

volume:50

COMPRESSOR

threshold:-25

decay:5

4 BAND EQ

gain: 3.2, 250hz
gain: -7.3, 400hz
gain: -.5, 3.2khz
gain: 3.2, 9.3khz

MEDIUM HALL

mix:30

(press the dual button)

NOISE GATE(same as first one)

SCREAMER(same as first one)

DIAMOND PLATE

drive:100

bass:60

middle:75

treble:80

presence:50

volume:45

COMPRESSOR

threshold:-20

decay:5

4 BAND EQ

gain: 2.4, 50hz
gain: -4.0, 320hz
gain: 2.7, 8.6khz
gain: -6.6, 9.3khz

SINE CHORUS

speed: .46hz
depth: 20
mix: 40
You know, it would be easier if you just saved the preset and uploaded the preset file here.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
geeesh...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
judging by your settings alone, that is wayyyyy to much gain on the amp and screamer. If anything you should leave the drive on the screamer at 0 to just use it as a boost, but i cant say anything ATM cause i dont have pod farm
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
if you have tried it and dont like it thats fine but if you havent,why dont you try it first before saying something negative about it.

here is the file for it.if you have problems uncompressing it,try changes the extension to .rar
Attachments:
brenders distortion.zip
I tend to just use the Metal Amp pack with no pedals.

My fav amp is probably the Criminal which is a 5150 clone
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sounds really good, those are pretty much more or less the same settings as I'm using for my rhythm chain at the moment except minus the "Cali Diamond Plate", am using a different amp model. Also, I never have gain at 100%, will rarely ever go past 70%

Thanks for the preset though!
I don't have the Metal Pack so I made it the TREADPLATE and it sounds good. Nice job - I always like new High-Gain stuff. I gotta get the Metal Pack as I heard it was great...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
since my wife has all the credit cards now I just gotta convince her it's "needed" - hehe... I'll wait til she's in a Lovin' mood (not to often anymore after being married to me for 37 years eh').
Quote by brender
if you have tried it and dont like it thats fine but if you havent,why dont you try it first before saying something negative about it.

here is the file for it.if you have problems uncompressing it,try changes the extension to .rar

I wasnt really saying anything negative about it. Its just that the biggest mistake people make when recording is over-gaining the amp, which when you double it or quad track it, the guitars have no punch cause its completely drowned out. Im sure it a great sounding preset for jamming though since i dont have pod farm i cant try it. Cheers!
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on