Hey guys, I'm in the process of making a project guitar from a crappy First Act Strat copy that has a nice tobacco burst finish. I'm torn between two prewired pickguards.

This one:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/wisttwochhub.html

Or this one:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/hueqhsswipic.html

If anyone has any experience with these pickguards then let me know. I'm personally leaning toward the first choice, but I'm open to any other suggestions.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Do you even know if the screw alignment is the same? If not, that's too much effort IMO to go from crappy to just ok.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It is. The pickguard it came with looks identical to the two I posted, complete with the same number of holes.

Perhaps I didn't post enough information. My mistake.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

The versatility of the second one would make me, personally, much happier. I like what youre trying to do though...projects is fun!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
go with the hss!!
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Quote by BrokenDstring
The versatility of the second one would make me, personally, much happier. I like what youre trying to do though...projects is fun!

You're telling me. I was about to sell the body, but I thought making a project would be cool, instead of relying on off-the-rack guitars. Plus it's cheaper.

Anyway, one thing I want to know is if the two humbucker pickguard has a tone comparable to a Les Paul, since I'm going for a Superstrat style guitar.

Edit-I just purchased their H/S/S pickguard. 3-ply with pearl to match the inlays (Jackson neck with sharktooth inlays)

Last edited by PlaguePlaymate at May 28, 2010,