OK, this may seem to be a silly problem to some, but...I've always been kind of a dolt when it comes to technology. x) Anyway, I've been playing electric guitar for quite a few years and, to be blunt, my parents are getting sick and tired of hearing me crank it with the amp.

I have a pair of Fender headphones that came with a starter pack I got with my strat but I never used them. Today, I tried hooking up the headphones with the Fender amp that came with the same starter pack, but the cord to the headphones is too small to fit in headphone input. I'm wondering if there's some other cord that came with it that plugs the headphones to the amp somehow (that I may have misplaced?) or if I'm overlooking something? - both came with the same pack, so it seems the two of them should be able to work together. ><

Wow. I sound like an idiot.

Anyway, if the headphones are not compatible...where could I buy headphones with a larger cord that will fit, and what's the usual price range for them?
You can buy a 1/4 coupler and buy any length cable and that would work. No idea on prices.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
you can buy an adapter thing for it at a radioshack. i believe you need a 1/4 input and normal headphones are 1/8
Ah...so basically, these adapters would hook the 1/8 headphones to a 1/4 input? If one of 'em came with the starter pack...it's probably long gone in my black hole of a house by now. P:

Thanks; looks like I'm off to Radioshack with that next paycheque...
buy a adapter. i bought some reverb headphones that are for i pods and guitar amps and they sound great
you should be able to get them from your music shop, its like $8, saves you a $200 fine for turning up the amp and just being really noisy.....
if you want something that's very portable the vox amplug is great, it's basically a miniature amplifier that plugs straight into the guitar output socket and takes output to headphones.

they cost about £30 here in the UK.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Small = 1/8 inch. Large= 1/4 inch. Male points out. Female is a hole. An adapter is what you need. I pray you can figure out what you need from the info above.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
You could get the adapter these guys are talking about, that would work fine.

Or, maybe you could get a headphone amp? If you want to check those out look at the Rockman Guitar Ace.
Quote by dr_john
if you want something that's very portable the vox amplug is great, it's basically a miniature amplifier that plugs straight into the guitar output socket and takes output to headphones.

they cost about £30 here in the UK.

the music store near my house sells somthing similar to a vox amplug its called a pocket rocket amp and there about 15 to 20 dollars