As the thread title states, I picked up this awesome axe today when I went to put a downpayment on a Hellraiser V7 FR. The lady at the shop literally picked this up, handed it to me and told me to play, saying I'd love it so much I'd walk out with it. She was right...

Review:

When I originally looked at this model online, I found it rather unimpressive. Let me tell you, pictures do NOT do it justice. This is a beatiful guitar. The light Satin finish allows for the wood to be seen through a very dark, almost blood coloured laquer. The figuring on the wood is actually pretty stunning in person, and doesn't come out very well in photos.

The neck features the beautiful Maple fretboard, with 24 very well dressed Jumbo frets. The inlay is incredibly detailed, something that doesn't come out in photos. The maple finish on the headstock is stunning, just adding to the beauty of this guitar. The intonation is perfect on all 7 strings, up and down the neck, making it play beautifully. Despite the Floyd Rose bridge, this thing sustains like crazy. I played a single B, and it rang for what seemed like an eternity.

The EMG's in this thing sing like there's no tomorrow. Very crisp and consise, and the black just adds to the look. The Floyd bridge sustains tunning VERY well, allowing for dive bombs and high squeals without a loss of tuning in the process. Only a volume knob and a 3 way switch for electronics, which is my only gripe with it. Usually I like a tone knob, but this guitar is great without one. Standard Strat Shape, with pretty good access to the upper frets.

Overall, this is a great guitar, much better than anything I expected from the V I was going to get. A guitar that must be seen to truly appreciate it.

Pictures:

Appologies for the quality of the photos, without a flash it was too dark to see anything, with the flash, there was flashback.

Note: The case is not an official case for this guitar. It's just a random Coffin Baritone Case.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Nice HNGD it looks awesome.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
That looks amazing, probably plays like a beast too, enjoy it!
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
awesome! hngd! if i were to get a 7 string that would be my first choice, welcome to Club Schecter
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
nice dude! id love to get my hands on one of these some day

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Nice! HNGD and welcome to the Schecter army!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I have one too! Super nice and sexy guitar!

Welcome to the Schecter owners club! ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
It makes me hungry for McDonalds, HNGD. If I ever join the 7-string army, the Loomis is high on the list of possibilities.
I love the finish on that guitar. Beautiful......and the mmaple neck just makes it perfect.

I wish they made a 6 string version of that exact guitar.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Welcome to the Schechter Owners club, and what a guitar! HNGD!
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Thank you everyone. Everything said is so true, this axe is a beauty. Definately going to enjoy this one.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Ashdown Fallen Angel
ESP Phoenix
This is probably the only guitar with active EMGs that I would consider buying (besides my own Schecter). I really would rather buy a hardtail bridge if I had to choose, though.

I've heard that they only make the FR-equipped model now, is this true?
Of the Loomis, that is true though I think they have stringthrough Hellraiser 7's.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Ashdown Fallen Angel
ESP Phoenix