Well i just broke one of my plastic bridge pins so it's time to get a whole new set for my Fender DG-22 Ebony. Problem is i don't know which ones i need! Check Musiciansfriend and i can't find a set just made for Fender. SO, what is the measure of the fender pins...2mm or 4mm...other?

Should i just get plactic again or should i purchase some graphtech pins and maybe a saddle?
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Bridge pins are tapered, so it's very likely that just about anything you buy will work. If you aren't deadset on ordering from Musician's Friend, I'm sure there's some type of instrument shop near you and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you brought in one of your whole bridge pins to compare with what they have.

Brass or ebony pins will brighten up your tone a little bit, though I've read some people say that it's not always so noticable. You're rolling the dice with that I guess... My Martin brightened up a bit with the brass pins that I put in.

I've never upgraded a bridge, so I can't speak from experience, but I have never once heard anybody say that it's a bad idea or a waste of money...
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Bridge pins are tapered, so it's very likely that just about anything you buy will work. If you aren't deadset on ordering from Musician's Friend, I'm sure there's some type of instrument shop near you and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you brought in one of your whole bridge pins to compare with what they have.

Brass or ebony pins will brighten up your tone a little bit, though I've read some people say that it's not always so noticable. You're rolling the dice with that I guess... My Martin brightened up a bit with the brass pins that I put in.

I've never upgraded a bridge, so I can't speak from experience, but I have never once heard anybody say that it's a bad idea or a waste of money...

Not true. There are different degrees of taper to bridge pins from mfr to mfr. Simply guessing that since it's got a taper and so does the next one will not automatically make them fit into any guitar. It's rather like saying that both a car and a truck have tires, so you can put the truck tires on your car. Doesn't work that way.
Quote by RaggityAnne08
Well i just broke one of my plastic bridge pins so it's time to get a whole new set for my Fender DG-22 Ebony. Problem is i don't know which ones i need! Check Musiciansfriend and i can't find a set just made for Fender. SO, what is the measure of the fender pins...2mm or 4mm...other?

Should i just get plactic again or should i purchase some graphtech pins and maybe a saddle?

You can't just put any random bridge pin in. You need to know the size first, and within Fender alone there are various sizes available. Check out the site listed below for more information/ordering. Bob Colosi is quite well known for his customized bridge pins and saddles and can provide you with an exact match for your guitar. He has a guide on his site to use to measure your current pins. Follow the link below:

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/products.asp
Quote by LeftyDave
Not true. There are different degrees of taper to bridge pins from mfr to mfr. Simply guessing that since it's got a taper and so does the next one will not automatically make them fit into any guitar. It's rather like saying that both a car and a truck have tires, so you can put the truck tires on your car. Doesn't work that way.

Ah, I see, I see. My apologies, I should have picked my words better. I see just how sweeping that generalization was... Either way, taking in the old pin for a comparison would get the job done.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.