Page 1 of 3
Yep.
Every single Adobe program on our computers is pirated, as well as AutoCad and a few other applications on there.
My question is if this info happened to get to someone of higher authority, what would happen? Cause this is already pretty well-known among the computer dorks at the school
love is love // return to dust
Everyone at school would hate you for eating the budget and getting the school in trouble with the law.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Everyone at school would hate you for eating the budget and getting the school in trouble with the law.

Pretty much.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by crazy8rgood
I would totally tell the higher ups for shits and giggles.

One of my senior friends is considering doing this since there was no senior prank this year.
1. Get proof
2. Take to FBI
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!!!

Then if anyone confronts you, just say:

GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
How did you figure it out?

How much do you dislike your school?

I pirated Photoshop, so I couldn't really get mad if someone else did too.
Because being a dick and killing your school's budget is always a good idea

I'm sure most people on here who have adobe run pirated versions too.
Quote by daytripper75
How did you figure it out?

How much do you dislike your school?

I pirated Photoshop, so I couldn't really get mad if someone else did too.

I hate my school, and they're all key-gen'd programs.
The school would hate him, not the students. chances are the students would love to see the administration get in trouble.

edit:

they would be in pretty deep shit too, since adobe offers discounts to schools and our TAX money is paying for it. so basically, our tax money is paying for whatever the **** they want to spend instead of legal versions of these adobe programs
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at May 27, 2010,
They're expensive, and it's for the sake of education, so..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Lol, that's pretty funny. My best guess is someone higher up would take care of it
Gear:
- G&L Tribute Series Legacy Guitar
- Behringer V-tone GM108 15-watt amp
Why risk losing useful software over it, that is actually usable outside of an academic environment?

In the words of the priest who caught little Jimmy mastubating: Don't fuck yourself.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Imagine the lulz that would ensure!
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by damian_91

Yeah, but I was under the impression that most schools got adobe products super cheap anyways. Mine did at least.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by damian_91

so... the ends justify the means? Don't think so. Dob them in OP, but only if you have never pirated anything.
Inhuman evil take down!
DUDE!!! Spill the beans!
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Why risk losing useful software over it, that is actually usable outside of an academic environment?

In the words of the priest who caught little Jimmy mastubating: Don't fuck yourself.

Oh im going to a different school next year and our second semester ends next week, I'm not harming myself. Don't worry
Quote by 18th_Angel
so... the ends justify the means? Don't think so. Dob them in OP, but only if you have never pirated anything.

In this case? I think so.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Sure you're not harming yourself, but it can hurt many other students. Like the ones in Computer classes.
Blackmail for good grades...
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
TS, I'll just post this again in clearer words.

They are using OUR tax money for something other than educational programs. For all we know, our money is going into a brand new car for the principal. Tell the higher ups. And by higher ups, I mean the school board.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Absolutely. To think otherwise would be foolish.

Cool, so it's OK to steal if you do it for educational purposes. Guess I wont bother buying all those expensive textbooks next trimester then.
Inhuman evil take down!
Have the ICT department / school ever been unfair to you?

If so, then do it for the lulz.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by 18th_Angel
Cool, so it's OK to steal if you do it for educational purposes. Guess I wont bother buying all those expensive textbooks next trimester then.

It's not stealing. It's comparable to getting photocopies instead of buying the book, imo.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Don't tell the higher ups, but confront the admin and ask for proof of where the money is going. Hopefully they aren't pocketing the cash.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by 18th_Angel
Cool, so it's OK to steal if you do it for educational purposes. Guess I wont bother buying all those expensive books next trimester

I steal educational supplies
Quote by 18th_Angel

I'm glad we agree.
Quote by GODhimself37
TS, I'll just post this again in clearer words.

They are using OUR tax money for something other than educational programs. For all we know, our money is going into a brand new car for the principal. Tell the higher ups. And by higher ups, I mean the school board.

Probably hookers and blow, really.
Quote by damian_91
It's not stealing. It's comparable to getting photocopies instead of buying the book, imo.

Wow, there is neither a face nor a palm big enough for that post.
Inhuman evil take down!
I double doggy dare ya to report it to the higher ups

now if you don't do it you're a chicken
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by damian_91

Uh, yes, it is stealing. I honestly don't care if they're doing it or not, but to say it's not stealing is just plain fucking idiotic.
Quote by 18th_Angel

Pirated software = the equivalent of a photocopied book.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by tancanada
My question is if this info happened to get to someone of higher authority, what would happen?
Adobe would probably just issue the school a "site license" for a very small fee. Maybe even free? Many software companies allow schools to use their programs free or for small fees, because it allows students exposure to the programs. The tend to want to have those programs available to them in a business environment or buy them for home use. That leads to more sales demand.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by 18th_Angel

It's true, would you rather go to a school with a strained budget and not a lot of classes or a regular one?
Go directly to your principal, no one else, and extort the hell out of the school!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Page 1 of 3