So I just got back from a show and my dad said my tone sucked and he was buying me a new amp I'm just looking for a combo amp for playing out at small places where my stack isn't needed and the small amp of course won't do plus gives a bad tone when trying to make it loud. I play metal, so I need something to give me a good brutal tone without going over $600. So whats your recommendations? Some bands I sound like All Shall Perish, Children of Bodom stuff like that.
peavey vypyr if the budget is that tight, if you could add 200 more you could look for a used peavey 6505

EDIT : just read your post in more detail, scratch the 6505 (you'd need a cab either way[unless you get the 6505+ combo which is fine]) try vypyr, and check prices for the 6505+ combo
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Last edited by matt360 at May 27, 2010,
Either a used 5150 212, or a new 6505 112. Basically the go to metal amps on your budget.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
haha your dad thinks you suck.
+1 used peavey.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
haha your dad thinks you suck.
+1 used peavey.

Haha well he just said my tone sucked because of the room and the setup but whatever. Thanks for the ideas guys, I might just get a half-stack, found a marshall one for $550 on sale http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG4-Series-MG100HFXRS-and-MG412ARS-Half-Stack?sku=501949 Look good?
Last edited by 666WildChild666 at May 28, 2010,
Quote by 666WildChild666
Haha well he just said my tone sucked because of the room and the setup but whatever. Thanks for the ideas guys, I might just get a half-stack, found a marshall one for $550 on sale http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG4-Series-MG100HFXRS-and-MG412ARS-Half-Stack?sku=501949 Look good?

HELL F*CKING NO.

Any one of the already-mentioned Peavey amps should suit your needs just fine.

A Bugera 6262 is worth looking into as well.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at May 28, 2010,
Quote by rocknrolldude43
HELL F*CKING NO.

Any one of the already-mentioned Peavey amps should suit your needs just fine.

A Bugera 6262 is worth looking into as well.

A $600 head is already filling my budget add a cab and were way over. I think I'm going with the Peavy 6505.
ask your dad what he thinks. he knows what he's doing.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
my dad comments me on my sound sometimes. but he tells me things like... get a speaker that expand on the highs. orrr... get a little more punch in the lower mids...

he was like me making amps listening to deep purple in his old days.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard