Today at a fundraiser for the safe grad, they brought in a hypnotist. I agreed to go up on stage and try it, and it worked.. kinda. It had me for awhile, but i kinda snapped out of it 45 minutes in. But i have to say it's crazy. The way I'd explain it is being like a dream with the ability to touch, smell, ect. like a 3rd dimensional dream. If that doesn't make sense, you could also compare it to being so baked that you get sick, accept you don't feel sick, which is awesome. But anyways, while i was up there, they made a girl pretend she was Ke$ha and all the other people were fans, while i was a body guard. Some hypnotized people from the seats tried to run up and i ended up throwing a kid off the stage haha

Anyone else here been hypnotized? How was your experience?
Sounds like a good blog.

Now you'll be slacking off on your TPS reports.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by -Mantra-
Is it possible to hypnotize a hot chick to have sex with you?
Just asking...

In your case no, because you cannot make someone do something they do not want to when they are hypnotized.
Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.

I'm still toilet-training my pet rock. He's not learning very quickly...
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Amateurs.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Chikao42
I'm still toilet-training my pet rock. He's not learning very quickly...

You have to train him harder, otherwise he won't be able to learn it at a higher level!

As the son of a psychologist who specializes in hypnosis, and as someone who is capable of hypnosis himself, I can smell the bullshit from a mile away.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but hypnosis is 100% about suggestion. It's nothing more than a state of high mental and physical relaxation. Yes, people are more suggestible to things, but you can't convince someone to do anything that is outside of their moral or ethical boundaries. It's like being drunk; your inhibitions are just lifted; it doesn't change who you are.

I'm not trying to call you a liar, but your story sounds like the parlor tricks that people believe hypnosis is and not actual hypnosis.

EDIT: Also, people who are particularly good at hypnosis are able to induce self-hypnosis. It's basically a highly-relaxing trance. Meditating, and I mean like actual hardcore meditating, can produce similar results.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at May 27, 2010,
I think I'm going to call shenanigans on Spartan. TS's story is alot more fun than yours buzzkill.
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
Quote by wowsux
I think I'm going to call shenanigans on Spartan. TS's story is alot more fun than yours buzzkill.

Choosing a fanciful tale over logic? Are you by chance a particularly religious man?

ZING!

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
As the son of a psychologist who specializes in hypnosis, and as someone who is capable of hypnosis himself, I can smell the bullshit from a mile away.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but hypnosis is 100% about suggestion. It's nothing more than a state of high mental and physical relaxation. Yes, people are more suggestible to things, but you can't convince someone to do anything that is outside of their moral or ethical boundaries. It's like being drunk; your inhibitions are just lifted; it doesn't change who you are.

I'm not trying to call you a liar, but your story sounds like the parlor tricks that people believe hypnosis is and not actual hypnosis.

EDIT: Also, people who are particularly good at hypnosis are able to induce self-hypnosis. It's basically a highly-relaxing trance. Meditating, and I mean like actual hardcore meditating, can produce similar results.

What do you make of Derren Brown?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
What do you make of Derren Brown?

I've never before heard of him, but judging from his Wikipedia page, he's some sort of cold reading magician? As long as he doesn't try to con people, whatever. Con artists really annoy me, but the art of cold reading, when used for pure entertainment, sure, it's fun.

And I don't know if he tries to actually sell himself as a mind reader, but true mind reading does not exist.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I've never before heard of him, but judging from his Wikipedia page, he's some sort of cold reading magician? As long as he doesn't try to con people, whatever. Con artists really annoy me, but the art of cold reading, when used for pure entertainment, sure, it's fun.

And I don't know if he tries to actually sell himself as a mind reader, but true mind reading does not exist.

Derren Brown is essentially an entertainer who states at the start of any stage show or TV performance that his act is a mixture of "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship". He harbours a deep hatred for anyone who makes false claims, such as spiritualists (he recently ran a show of him meeting such con artists).

Brown also writ a book called 'Tricks of the Mind' which was basically a general introduction to the various techniques he uses, including the history and basics of hypnotism. Your true hypnotism is essentially what he also practices.

You should youtube his stuff. It's pretty impressive.
Last edited by red157 at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Spartan070sarge

Ah, well, he's more than that. He did a series on mind control, where he was shown hypnotising people in seconds, and having them adhere to his will regardless of whether they'd actually do so in a concious state-of-mind. It is said that he doesn't use stooges or actors, and most of the people who have been "hypnotised" do genuinely seem to believe they don't remember doing the things he asked of them.

So, I was just wondering what you thought, but if you haven't seen it, then nevermind. If you're intruiged, though, go on Channel 4's 4OD (4 on demand) webpage and search his mind control series. You'll be able to watch it there.

He's a great entertainer, though. Very impressive.

EDIT: Red's synopsis was much better than mine.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I didn't really believe in hypnotism until I saw a fat chick do the worm. Another girl almost took her shirt off.

Shit was crazy.
Ive been hypnotized for therapy. It most definitely works. Through a long time with my psych, we have discovered that I am quite a good candidate for hypnotism, actually.

Ive never been hynoptized like that before though.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by CullenT
Sounds like a good blog.

Now you'll be slacking off on your TPS reports.

dont worry, i have this virus that will make us some money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6216M9LSw
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Quote by Smokey Amp
Ah, well, he's more than that. He did a series on mind control, where he was shown hypnotising people in seconds, and having them adhere to his will regardless of whether they'd actually do so in a concious state-of-mind. It is said that he doesn't use stooges or actors, and most of the people who have been "hypnotised" do genuinely seem to believe they don't remember doing the things he asked of them.

So, I was just wondering what you thought, but if you haven't seen it, then nevermind. If you're intruiged, though, go on Channel 4's 4OD (4 on demand) webpage and search his mind control series. You'll be able to watch it there.

He's a great entertainer, though. Very impressive.

EDIT: Red's synopsis was much better than mine.

I remember you!
I've been hypnotized twice. First time, he made me and my friend think we were mario and luigi. Long story short, friends table is now broken.