Short-and-sweet: Was entered in the King Of The Blues contest tonight. Got smoked by one guy who could stand toe-to-toe with Allan Holdsworth, and another guy who was a much better bluesman. One of the judges though said that, to quote him, "For sixteen you're doing pretty good, but I think you'd really benefit from a regimented practice structure."

Thinking over it, I believe he's right. Any sort of advice/basic structures to start off of/etc.?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Short-and-sweet: Was entered in the King Of The Blues contest tonight. Got smoked by one guy who could stand toe-to-toe with Allan Holdsworth, and another guy who was a much better bluesman. One of the judges though said that, to quote him, "For sixteen you're doing pretty good, but I think you'd really benefit from a regimented practice structure."

Thinking over it, I believe he's right. Any sort of advice/basic structures to start off of/etc.?

i did it tonight and got beat out by a guy who played for 53 years, and lost the second place on a playoff round to a guy that played "little wing" for the 2 minute segment without the backing track. i played origional stuff, which is the only thing i do, but was a little disappointed the judges awarded the copycat. i mean, my origional stuff is good, but nothing like hendrix. he was a damn good player though.

but i had a lot of fun. there was some serious competition there. the cretique from the judges was very beneficial. i lost points on the fact that i " had the best tone of the night," but he was dissapointed that i didnt change channels on the amp or even switch pickups. the other things were cool, and he said he really liked my riff phrasing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/