I have been searching the web for some amp less than 30w with usable cleans, not for huge gigs, maybe just bars and jams with a drummer.

I really liked Epi Valve Senior as a head or combo and it has 6v6 wich I think it's a plus combining with the price and it's 18 or 20w I think.

My question is if Epi valve senior has a loud clean sound, not crystal clean, but for RHCP/Frusciante's clean/light overdrive.

I've found some interesting amps such as:
-Fame Gta-40 but it's maybe too much power and I didn't found decent reviews.

-Blues Junior (used) I think it lacks headroom so does Pro Junior

-Bugera V22

It will be my first tube amp so a perfect tubey warm sound a.k.a. pricey isn't priority.

Please recommend me something, in Europe, max. 350 euros.

Any Valve Senior owners please post some quick reviews,

Thanks in advance
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

I don't know how much headroom 18watts will have in that configuration. I know my 18watter doesn't have any head room at all. It breaks up at like 2 on the volume.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
:O but doesn't 6v6 make a diference in headroom? And Epi VS has a gain knob
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

You know what. You got me there. The deluxe reverb uses 6v6s and it has more headroom then my 18watter. The circuit is more complicated on the deluxe though so there are more things eating away at the single strength.
How loud do you want your cleans? Just for practice? It would work then. But you won't be able to get blaring loud cleans without any sort of tweaking.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Just to play with a drummer, and not super clean, a little grit to colour the sound
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

if only someone could sell me a used laney vc30, but in my country there isn't anyone selling them, and new it's like 450 euros
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

You will probably get some overdrive, but cranking the post and controlling volume with pre-amp gain, you can probably pass off some cool cleanish tones. Crank one in a store, even if just for 20 seconds.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
hmm I've seen some videos in youtube and the VS doesn't seem loud enough..
Someone who played one please could tell me more about it
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

Youtube videos aren't a good indicator of volume, because often, the camera's mic adjusts its own volume to compensate.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^ didn't know that, I'll look some more for any used 30w, and meanwhile I'm waiting for some VS owners to say something because I realy like it
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

there's also the 15 watt fame... supposedly a clone of the pro junior with better parts and a better speaker? but again, headroom is the problem. clean at practice volume? sure. clean at any kind of volume? not so much.

I was looking at the fames myself, haven't tried them though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As well, Youtube compression kinda makes everything the same volume, so...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Dave_Mc
there's also the 15 watt fame... supposedly a clone of the pro junior with better parts and a better speaker? but again, headroom is the problem. clean at practice volume? sure. clean at any kind of volume? not so much.

I was looking at the fames myself, haven't tried them though.

Well I found someone who is selling a fame gta-40 for 250euros, but we don't seem to find a way to make the purchase since he doesn't want to ship it because it may be damaged in the process.

And I don't know anything about them, only the 15w ( if u search yerasov gta-15 u will find some videos), and they only have a volume and tone knob
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

I can tell you, depending on how loud your drummer is, you should easily be able to keep up with a Blues Junior. I used mine in a jazz Ensemble setting in high school, and we sometimes played gigs upwards of 500 people in large rooms, and I had no problems whatsoever cutting through the mix while staying clean. As long as there are good tubes in it, it will be plenty loud. You'll almost never be able to crank it without being too loud. I would try one out and see if you like it, especially since it's amazing if you stick an OD pedal infront of it for some dirt, if you ever wanted some crunch.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by Jay Nocta
Well I found someone who is selling a fame gta-40 for 250euros, but we don't seem to find a way to make the purchase since he doesn't want to ship it because it may be damaged in the process.

And I don't know anything about them, only the 15w ( if u search yerasov gta-15 u will find some videos), and they only have a volume and tone knob

yeah, they seem to be made by yerasov. I found some posts on forums about them when i was searching for info about them a couple of weeks ago- some of the forums were french, german, dutch, one was english (tdpri i think, the tele forum).

If it's true that it's a clone of a pro junior, then i guess you could try one. if i remember correctly, the dude who got one thinking it was a clone of a pj thought it sounded better than a pj

it was probably your post in another thread that made me aware of them in the first place, lol, so I'm probably telling you stuff you already know.

volume and tone knob... it depends. A lot of people think that the tone is actually better the simpler the circuit is, and the fewer knobs there are. I think there's probably something to that, but it does depend on what you want it for- if you need preamp distortion, or to be able to closely control the amount of preamp gain (whether to get distortion at lower volumes, or to keep it clean for as long as possible to attempt to maximise the headroom), then it'd be worth having a master volume/preamp gain control. Likewise, I have no problem with single tone knobs, but they are a bit limited if you have to do any more involved tone sculpting, you pretty much have the stock voice of the amp which you're stuck with, and you can only make it a bit brighter or warmer, in my experience.

granted you can use pedals to help with some of those problems, but some people don't want to (or don't have pedals).

Up to you, really. Have you tried a pro junior? that'd let you see what the single tone knob is like, and if the fame is similar (as i said, it might not be) it'd give you a rough idea of the tone, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If only there where pedals just to make clean sounds!

yep, I wanna use pedals like some tube screamer/overdrive, a fuzz, some chorus maybe.

oh and 2 good things about the yerasov 40w is the pentode/triode switch and the 2 inputs. The yerasov 15w is out of the equation because of its lack of headroom
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

if i remember correctly, the review of them I read said the 40 watter wasn't much louder than the 15 watter, but had more headroom. and the triode mode was quieter than the 15 watt one (problem being that, in my experience, triode mode changes the tone substantially).

can you read german? Another guy on here scanned them for me and put them on photobucket (if he hasn't removed them, and if i can find them again).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well it has 40w and 6l6s so plenty of headroom I think.

And no, I don´t read german :/

well I guess I will try to convince the guy who is selling his gta 40w, and use the spare money to buy some pedals.

If that deal doesn't happen I'll go for the VS, because it seems such a good amp and if it isn't loud enough for gigs I put it next to my head, at least I'll be hearing it
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

dang. it's scanned too, so you can't copy and paste into a translator (i already tried that, i only read german really, really badly ).

whichever one you go for, let us know- plenty of people would want to know what either of those are like. Good luck.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Good luck.

Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

hi, I actually have an epiphone valve senior:P

I mostly use it at home but at low gain, you can get some good clean tones.
I think it could be loud enough to jam with a drummer, but i'm not sure about that.
if you add a little gain it gets much louder with a little bit of overdrive and i'm sure that would be loud enough

maybe this will help you