so i absolutely love the schecter avenger but i find the neck to be too slow. Is there any way that i can make the neck have a faster feel like a jackson?
sanding it down just the slightest amount may do it for you. if its the stickiness thats the problem, then you could just take off a little finish. if its the thickness, then research your ass off to find out how the truss rod is put in and where. if possible, you might be able to take off a few millimeters. but in all honesty, i would avoid this because it could really mess up your guitar if you arent 100% sure what you're doing.
well the only factors you can really change are the set up and the frets.

if you don't know what you are doing, take it to a guitar tech shop and ask them to set it up for the best action possible, and make sure the intonation is done right as well. if you do know what you're doing...get to it.

as for the frets, you can sand them down with #0000 grade steel woll. cover all of the wood on the fretboard with painters tape (the blue stuff, leaves little or no residue), then sand all the frets a bit. This will make them shiny and make them feel as smooth as a guitar thats been played for 10+ years. Be careful though, because the steel wool is magnetic and will stick to your pickups if you dont cover those too.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by User_Name336
sanding it down just the slightest amount may do it for you. if its the stickiness thats the problem, then you could just take off a little finish. if its the thickness, then research your ass off to find out how the truss rod is put in and where. if possible, you might be able to take off a few millimeters. but in all honesty, i would avoid this because it could really mess up your guitar if you arent 100% sure what you're doing.

just to clarify, he isnt talking about what I was. And yes i agree 100% don't do this unless you know what the hell you're doing.

You could look online to find off brand companies that make necks that would fit your guitar, if the shape of it is the issue.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by User_Name336
sanding it down just the slightest amount may do it for you. if its the stickiness thats the problem, then you could just take off a little finish.

i would advise either steel wool or to wetsand. i prefer steel wool to take off the gloss/stickyness. i do it to all of my guitars that i am going to keep for a while.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i totally had a brain fart and didnt even realize action/frets could have been a problem. my bad!! i instantly assumed sticky/fat neck because its a schecter.

i would definately get a professional set up if you dont already have one if you don't know how to do them yourself to your liking. change up new strings as well, and clean the fret board as well.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would advise either steel wool or to wetsand. i prefer steel wool to take off the gloss/stickyness. i do it to all of my guitars that i am going to keep for a while.

Steel wool is great for that. I used 0000 Steel wool to great effect on my LP.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i havent purchased it yet, i want to but the neck is the only thing i dont like about it. If i do all of that will it be significantly faster?
Quote by guitarmageddon0
i havent purchased it yet, i want to but the neck is the only thing i dont like about it. If i do all of that will it be significantly faster?

when i buy a guitar, the single most importiant thing to me is the neck. pretty much everything else can be changed. so if you dont like the shape or thickness of the neck, i would go for a different guitar.

but if it is just the finish being stickey or too glossy, i would go for the steel woll.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So how exactly do you do the steel wool thing? I'm happy with the neck on my Gryphon but now I'm curious...
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Don't buy the guitar if you don't like the neck. That's the most important part of the guitar, you might as well get it right first time. Modding the guitar will of course devalue it immensely, how do you know you'll even still like the guitar in a few months?

If you know you don't like the neck, don't buy the guitar. Simple as that. If you want a thinner neck than the one Schecters have, look at ESP/LTD, they're run by the same people and most of the guitars now are virtually the same minus the slimmer neck on the ESPs. Though I think it is worth pointing out that if you think a Schecter neck is 'slow', something may well be wrong with your playing rather than the guitar - Schecter necks are already fairly slim. Sure, compare them to paper-thin Ibanez Wizard necks and they feel thick, but they're still considerably slimmer than average. I would be very, very surprised if someone had actual problems playing on a Schecter neck.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Don't buy the guitar if you don't like the neck. That's the most important part of the guitar, you might as well get it right first time. Modding the guitar will of course devalue it immensely, how do you know you'll even still like the guitar in a few months?

this,but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGz6IZ9BFI
A faster neck? Hmmmmm have you removed the parking brake? Maybe it just needs a tune up or try a higher octane of fuel in it. YMMV
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Sometime dirt and fat from the hand get stick to the neck and make it feel uncomfortable. Wipe them out with a slightly wet rag will help a bit.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R