Hey guys, I recently purchased a Hello Kitty Squier Strat for fun and I actually want to put it to use. I'm going to use it for my band which plays a lot of trash and I want to know some good bridge pickups that are somewhat versatile, but mainly focus on speed and trash metal. I was thinking of the SD JB and a few others but I cant seem to decide so I thought I'd let you guys. Thanks.
Active EMG's will make it sound like a great metal guitar regardless of the wood and other stuff that might not be so good.

So I would say go with that. There was thread a while back where someone did that to a Hello Kitty guitar and it sounded great for metal.
Quote by bobthebum16
Active EMG's will make it sound like a great metal guitar regardless of the wood and other stuff that might not be so good.

So I would say go with that. There was thread a while back where someone did that to a Hello Kitty guitar and it sounded great for metal.

It's just that, my Schecter Hellraiser already has EMG's and I want something different.
EMG 81 and 85 I'd say. Wait, is it HH?
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
Hello Kitty Strat is just H, 1 pickup. The most obvious thing to do is put an EMG in it, since that's what all metal guys do lol. Personally, if you want something different, put something stupid in it like an Invader or something. You'll be using it for laughs anyway.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
It's a Hello Kitty strat. You can't not put EMG's in it. It's against the rules to buy a HK strat and not put EMG's in it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i would recommend replacing the neck at some point in time too, if you want something that doesnt feel like a piece of shyte when you play it. I mean the body and the wood its made of wont matter AS MUCH if you replace the neck and the pickups. I know there are a few sites that make necks that fit certain guitars, in case you want a replacement
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
BKP Warpig would be a good start. Maybe put a little circuit in it if its not loud enough?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at May 28, 2010,
I'm thinking GFS. this maybe? http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsporacrpok5.html That way you get a good high-output bucker that sounds pretty sweet, and you're not spending as much as the whole dang guitar for one pickup.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
haha! i want to do the same, but play it for blues/rock
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
If you want to be actually funny and not just a terrible trend*****, keep it stock. The stock Squier pickup can handle whatever, it's as generic a pickup as you can possibly get - mid-wound Alnico V. If you have an amp that's suitable for thrash and you actually know how to use the amp's EQ section, that guitar can play thrash as it is.

Though a good substitute for the hilarity of using it stock would be to use a SD Dimebucker along with an EMG afterburner switch.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you want to be actually funny and not just a terrible trend*****, keep it stock. The stock Squier pickup can handle whatever, it's as generic a pickup as you can possibly get - mid-wound Alnico V. If you have an amp that's suitable for thrash and you actually know how to use the amp's EQ section, that guitar can play thrash as it is.

Though a good substitute for the hilarity of using it stock would be to use a Bill Lawrence XL-500 along with an EMG afterburner switch.

fify
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
The Dimebucker would be funnier than an XL-500 because of how shiny it is lol.
Yeah I remember a thread like this ages ago where the fellah showed exactly how he customised it - new pickup - pickguard etc.
Some really br00tal high out put pups. Go for EMGs. They sound the same in every axe, and that's really nifty when you put them in a lower range model. If you're more for passives, I'd go for the bareknuckle Warpigs.
GFS has some pups that are supposed to be made for metal, and I've heard great things about them. I was thinking of getting one of those for a while just for shits n' giggles.
Good luck TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Bill Lawrence is cheaper than dimebucker, and its accually wat dime used, win win situation
Eh.