I apparently turned the truss rod of my fender strat too far and i heard a pop! so now whenever i play it i get same notes or buzzing. I took it to guitar center and they told me that it had a bad truss rod. (go figure) well what could I do to fix this problem all i've thought of is to hit up ebay and replace the neck.
Donnell McKnignt
Okay...then do just that...lol

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

cool story bro
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Blackstar HT-5 Head
Avatar Contemporary 212 Cab
Peavey Valveking 112
what kind of strat? a nice musikraft strat neck could be nice. a warmoth would be a HUGE upgrade. depends on how much money you want to put into the guitar. just remember, quarter turns with the truss rod should get you a change. and don't use them to adjust action, just neck relief.

edit: just for reference... these companies all make strat replacement necks you might want to look into. warmoth, USACG, musikraft, mightymite, and even fender or squier necks on ebay or craigslist can be nice. depends on what you want and how much you're willing to spend.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at May 28, 2010,

- Replace the neck outright.
- Get a new truss rod put in.

To be honest, unless it's a Custom Shop Fender, I'd just get a new neck.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo