Hi, I'm looking at attempting to get a higher gain sound out of my Orange AD140HTC while still holding the clean intact. I've always used pedals to just boost the dirty channel (mostly a fulltone fulldrive 2, or EH Double Muff). I'm mainly curious if there are a good set of tubes, or some company that does a good mod to help this problem. I play in a heavier rock band, and also play a Bogner Überschall with my PRS CE24. I love the sound of my Orange, I just want a LITTLE more (And yes, I crank the volume such is the curse of a guitarist that has a loud drummer).

The main limiting factor in all of this is my lack of engineering knowledge with tube amps. I don't know how to bias/get my amp biased. I'm not really sure what tubes are in the orange now (although I'm guessing its still stock). So any help in layman's terms would be appreciated thanks for the help!!
Guitars
-PRS CE24
Amps
-Bogner Uberschall
-Bogner 4x12
FX
-Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
-Keeley Modded Blues Driver
-Line 6 DL-4 Delay
www.redletterdrive.com
Maybe you could use more boosts to send even more juice to the preamp
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Any more ideas? Looking for help other than adding pedals
Guitars
-PRS CE24
Amps
-Bogner Uberschall
-Bogner 4x12
FX
-Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
-Line 6 DL-4 Delay
www.redletterdrive.com
If you don't want to use pedals, your choices are very limited. You could always retube the amp with some hotter tubes which won't make a very big difference or you can get the amp modded, but that would be harder to do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
What type of tones are you after, exactly?

This.

Plus, adding pedals is going have the best, most effective:easiest ratio.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
This.

Plus, adding pedals is going have the best, most effective:easiest ratio.

not to mention cost effective. tubes plus install (since i am gathering that you are not too familiar tube amps) is not cheap. especially with the cost to benefit ratio.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm familiar with tube amps, and have already looked into getting my amp biased and retubed with tubes supplied through Doug's Tubes. It's looking to be about $300. If there are any mods that people know about a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

And as far as tones.. It currently sounds to me like a hot-rodded Vox AC30, but better. I just want a little tighter distortion, and a little heavier, something maybe in the vain of a marshall? But still maintaining the essential orange tone. Is my solution going to be trading in my AD140 for a higher gain Orange like a Rockerverb? Not the ideal solution, but a possibility.

And regarding pedals, I have a fulltone fulldrive II which does wonders for it, also a EH Double Muff, which also sounds good. But my pedalboard setup currently is an a/b switch between my Bogner Überschall and the orange, with a footswitch for each amp, among my other pedals. This makes quick switching a small hassle, so I'm looking for an easier way out
Guitars
-PRS CE24
Amps
-Bogner Uberschall
-Bogner 4x12
FX
-Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
-Line 6 DL-4 Delay
www.redletterdrive.com
And I would hope that I'm at least a little familiar with tube amps if I own a Bogner and an Orange It's circuitry and the guts of the amp that are my weakness.
Guitars
-PRS CE24
Amps
-Bogner Uberschall
-Bogner 4x12
FX
-Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
-Line 6 DL-4 Delay
www.redletterdrive.com
the rockerverb100 has like more gain then the ad140. If you're looking for a gainer sound it would be a good bet.

wait your sig sayz you has ze bogner uberschallen.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I would sell the double muff and buy something more RAT based if it really does sound like an AC30
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*