Set in a post-Nuclear holocaust world. A small group of people who somehow found refuge from the nuclear blasts/fallout, have to try to bring back humanity. Thing is, not everything that the radiation effected died - some got grotesque mutations. They find that this can be cured, however, with rust that was in the radiated zone (aka the world ). I dunno, just throwing ideas around.

tl,dr: thinking about writing a cliche story inspired by L4D, but with mutated people instead of zombies.

Your thoughts?
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Sounds like this recent game set in Russia, where humanity has to live underground because the surface is barren. And radiation has created mutated monsters.

Can't remember the name right now.

Edit: Metro 2033.
Sounds like this recent game set in Russia, where humanity has to live underground because the surface is barren. And radiation has created mutated monsters.

Guess you wouldn't believe me if I said I've never heard of any such game.
The end of the world

And the game was based on the book by the same name, so yea..

Sucks when you have this great idea, but find out it's already been done. =[
Quote by Dudeinator
And the game was based on the book by the same name, so yea..

Sucks when you have this great idea, but find out it's already been done. =[

Yeah, I had this great idea about writing a song about being the last survivor in a war... but Metallica beat me to it.
The end of the world

Well you know really, the storylines aren't exactly alike...
The end of the world

uh boy...i've been playing too much Fallout...

i swear i just saw this thread that closely resembles it...

EDIT: OH WAIT.
Last edited by Iivewire at May 28, 2010,
cool story bro
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Quote by mooshoepork
cool story bro

cool vagina bro.
The end of the world

starting with a cliche is never a great idea, but its doable. you just need something to make your story stand out.

just start writing it and see where it ends up. whenever i write anything, whether its creative or an academic paper, i never know going in exactly where im going to end up. i suppose its sort of a micheal scott approach to writing, but i usually start with some general idea of what i want and eventually ill run into something good and more concise. after that its just a process of editing.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
starting with a cliche is never a great idea, but its doable. you just need something to make your story stand out.

just start writing it and see where it ends up. whenever i write anything, whether its creative or an academic paper, i never know going in exactly where im going to end up. i suppose its sort of a micheal scott approach to writing, but i usually start with some general idea of what i want and eventually ill run into something good and more concise. after that its just a process of editing.

Makes sense.
I was planning on starting it tonight, probably just the prologue.
The end of the world

Make a story based off of Alex Jones' theories of staged terrorist attacks, one world government, and all that jazz.

Would make an awesome game plot I think.
Quote by Gyroscope
Make a story based off of Alex Jones' theories of staged terrorist attacks, one world government, and all that jazz.

Would make an awesome game plot I think.

Already done.

Awesome book btw.
The end of the world

Quote by Don_Humpador
Go and bloody write it then.

Most inspirational UGer EVAR.
The end of the world

Either write about something you know about, or something that thousands of other lit-kids haven't already written.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

If you're gonna do like a novel length piece of art I suggest planning teh plot carefully.
Quote by mrfinkle213
cool vagina bro.

also, a tl;dr on an OP that's one paragraph long?

I move that tl;dr gets a thread locked.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live