So I found this 1945 Gibby L5 at a completely laughable price on Craigslist? It's so cheap I'm very suspicious. Does it look legit to you guys?

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/kau/msg/1762749189.html

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
For what he wants for it I'm pretty sure I want it either way. Just would like to know what I got.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by obeythepenguin
skeptical post

Read the ad. The only thing strange is the slanted logo. It's also not illegal to buy counterfeit goods as long as you're doing it in good faith.

...replacement Gibson truss rod cover... ...This Guitar was restored in 1978 with a satin finish...

He's seems to be honest and probably knows that there won't be a huge buyer draw in Hawaii. I do think it's amusing that he says "no major issues" followed by "the binding and fretboard need to be replaced."

That said, it certainly looks like a real (but also really beat up) to me, but for $75 or so, who cares? You might as well go look at it. I'd only buy it if you actually plan on putting a few hundred dollars into it to make it useful again.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at May 28, 2010,
Ehh, as nice as it looks, I can't afford it now that someone has offered what it's worth

Thanks anyways, it's been a fun venture.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75