I'm after an electric hollow or solid body guitar that's good for classic rock and blues, I've got about $600 to throw at one
classic rock and blues... maybe a MiM fender stratocaster?
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Try going out shopping. Between new and used the market is too large to suggest anything.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
What do you have now? What do you and don't you like about it? What amp do you have?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i love LOVE my epi les paul custom, but money is money. i wouldnt pay 600 for it cause i know there is statistically a better guitar out there.

in the 600s? your getting into asian fender territory and low end american territory (arent the highway 1s like 700? one of those models)

personally, i like more unique guitars so they arent the norm. in that range you can get a carvin, lower end G and L, and i would look at a PRS SE semi hollow and the single cut.

if i hadto replace my epi les paul with a slightly higher quality guitar it would be a prse SE single cut in white. cause i love white guitars, and those PRS's have slim, sleek lighter weight bodys that i love compared to squared off clunky les pauls.
you could get a nice Gretsch for that much the Double Cutaway model is like 500 I think. sounds great.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Fender Tele RI Thinline would be the absolute best guitar in your price range imo. It's the semihollow one and an absolute fantastic guitar, and worth every penny imo.
They're $750 new but you could easily get a used one for $500-600.
Heres a link
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Series--72-Telecaster-Thinline-Electric-Guitar-103147013-i1146393.gc

And don't buy an epiphone when you have enough money to afford a Gibson Les Paul or SG.
Somthing new..Durango Guitar Works Contender..24' scale
Jimmy
Durango Guitar Works
Short Scale Guitar
alrighty.....thanks. I've always had a weird thing for hollow body's........ and the LP shape