well guitar center has a sale today and i;m going to buy the tone zone and evolution (dimarzio). i'm going to put the tone zone in the neck and the evo in the bridge. i heard from a few people the tone zone sounds great in the neck position if set up correctly, like by adjusting the pickup height till it levels out with the bridge pickup it should sound GREAT (as i've seen from my friend's guitar and a few online videos). i've never put a tone zone in the neck before, what do you guys think about it?
yeah i know it has a really crisp sound, to give you a idea, (my friend's guitar) when he switches to the tone zone on the neck for solos, it sounds like there is a overdrive boost to it, it's warm and smooth but there's alot of bite to it.
There is no telling what it will sound like until you install the things.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by ticklemeasian
well guitar center has a sale today and i;m going to buy the tone zone and evolution (dimarzio). i'm going to put the tone zone in the neck and the evo in the bridge. i heard from a few people the tone zone sounds great in the neck position if set up correctly, like by adjusting the pickup height till it levels out with the bridge pickup it should sound GREAT (as i've seen from my friend's guitar and a few online videos). i've never put a tone zone in the neck before, what do you guys think about it?

That's a terrible idea IMO, I'd never put a Tone Zone anywhere near the neck position regardless of what other people have done. It's bad enough in the bridge, it's picky about height otherwise it gets muddy and it's really in-your-face tonally which most people don't want from the neck pickup. Most players want the option of subtlety from their neck pickup, you've no chance of that with the Tone Zone. Obviously if that's what you're going for you might be ok.

However, by the time you've cranked it down low enough to get it to balance without going to mud you might as well have stuck an Air Zone in there instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com