It says it all in the title. I'm not too sure how to take the back off my DSL401, so if anyone has any online guide they can link me to that would be awesome!

I need to re solder a volume pot btw.

Thanks
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Did you try unscrewing some screws?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Did you try unscrewing some screws?

Yes and the back plate of it is kinda attached to the amp.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

I dunno how the DSLs mounted, but usually in combos youll have to take some of the screws off the top of the combo to free the amp from the chase.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Be careful. If you get inside your amp and don't know what you're doing (which it sounds like) you can get yourself killed even when you're amp is not plugged in.

Yes I do know that, all I need is like a guide to take the amp out so my Dad can re solder it. He has a level in electrics so I wont be doing it myself obviously.

Quote by beckyjc
I dunno how the DSLs mounted, but usually in combos youll have to take some of the screws off the top of the combo to free the amp from the chase.

Awesome, cheers.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
He can re-solder an amp but can't take off the back plate?

It's almost like it's glued to the amp!!!! lol

Quote by Tokai09
It's almost like it's glued to the amp!!!! lol

Oh, I think you got something wrong here. Amps in general don't have a "backplate". You have to take out the whole metal chassis to get access to the electronical guts.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Oh, I think you got something wrong here. Amps in general don't have a "backplate". You have to take out the whole metal chassis to get access to the electronical guts.

All Marshalls that I know of (except really early combos) have some form of grille on the back of the amp/over the tubes.
This is what he's referring to.

TS: If there's anymore screws on the chassis (other than handles/feet/speaker ect) unscrew them.
Something is bound to get rid of it
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Also I just wanna make sure it's a volume pot, every time I roll the volume up and down it makes a scratching noise and I have almost no volume.

Now if it's like a JCM900, the pots are mounted to a bracket made of thin angle iron which is then bolted to the front panel, you unbolt the bracket - plus you have to remove the nuts from input and footswitch socket. There are two or three screws holding the board down as well iirc.
Got some photos?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Now if it's like a JCM900, the pots are mounted to a bracket made of thin angle iron which is then bolted to the front panel, you unbolt the bracket - plus you have to remove the nuts from input and footswitch socket. There are two or three screws holding the board down as well iirc.
Got some photos?

Nah, DSL's are ****ing retarded.
I think they're mounted to less, but the pots are smaller and mounted to a tricker PCB

TS, it could be a valve.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo