hey guys, just re stringed my squier affinity strat since i didnt really like my 10's.

i put on the 9's and tuned it up to standard. i was playing along but then realised i wasn't in tune? (octave down?)

so i tuned it up one octave, then when i played along with songs and guitar pro it sounded in tune. But it the strings were WAY too tight. like no movement or possibility of bending the strings.

any suggestions? thanks.
well i tuned my guitar according to my digital tuner, everything was in tune. but then i tried playing along with a song on guitarpro and it sounded off. so i tuned up to E again.
first of all it was in E, but the strings were loose and buzzed. then i tuned it up to E again, then it became way too tight. what to do?
Play it in standard for a week or two. You must wait for strings to adapt on your guitar. Then tune again on standard. It happens to me all the time,no worries.
what do you mean by playing in standard? as in the low tuning?

i mean how i tuned it to E, then tuned it to up to E again because i thought it sounded off the first time.

do you mean the first time i tuned it i should keep it like that?
Last edited by anonymous7 at May 28, 2010,
Is the trem blocked? If not it will need adjusted. There is a change in string tension with gauge so you need to readjust the springs on the trem to achieve balance.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by anonymous7
oh i just wanted to change from 10 - 46 gauge to 9 - 46 to ease the bending :L

ohh sorry i dont know anything about it
I think you're just not used to how the strings sound but there's a few things I should point out.

1 You may be pushing the strings against the frets too hard

2 New strings go out of tune until they break in (You can speed up the break in process by pulling on the strings and retuning but be careful with those unwound strings)

And your guitar probably has never been set up. Learn setup and it may help you figure out what could be wrong.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by anonymous7
nope its not blocked. how do i go about readjusting the springs?

Not to be a wise ass but,Google Strat setup and start reading. There is way too much to the overall setup of a guitar then I am willing to type out.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by anonymous7
oh i just wanted to change from 10 - 46 gauge to 9 - 46 to ease the bending :L

If you wanted to ease the bending you should have gone with some 9 - 42
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
maybe you had it tuned an octave down?? It is possible but your strings would be extremely loose. And all the news strings i got always feel tight at first, and if that's not it, i really can't think of any other reason.
well.. im guessing its the setup of my guitar.

its hard to explain.. its in tune, but its not in the right pitch? if i try to tune it to the right pitch it becomes way too tight.. any suggestions?