hi guys any classical pieces out there that you feel people should listen to?

can you introduce me to complex classical pieces that are good? i only know a few composers beethoven bach etc..
I now have a signature
My sig! My sig!

edit: both links, while you're at it.
edit2: And also, can't go wrong with Chopin.
Last edited by kalnoky7 at May 28, 2010,
Bach - Fantasia and Fugue in G Minor (Great G Minor)

Mahler's 2,3,5,8 symphonies are really good too. Any of the planets by Holst are good(mars is still my favorite).

Honestly I know tons more but don't feel like writing it out.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I played Classical for a couple years before moving to acoustic and such. One of my favorite songs that I played was Wilsons Wilde. It is a Renissance piece. I just really liked the sound of it. And if u want complex. Ghiribizzo by Paginini has a ton of fast sliding. Then Waltz from Sonata #9 by Paginini is VERY complex. It takes a lot of finger work.
One of my absolute favourite pieces is Bach's clavier concerto no. 1, which I think you should check out, even if you know a little Bach. I managed to find my favourite recording (Angela Hewitt) of it on youtube too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY3TcklLfug

Nevermind the weird video, it was the only one I could find with that particular recording. Only the 1st movement of 3, but if you like it you can probably find the other movements on youtube.

If you want complex, you can check out bachs Kunst der Fuge too.
Ralph Vaughan Williams' Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis is gorgeous, one of my current favourites. So is Schubert's Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello. Those along with endless Chopin and Schubert piano pieces are my favourites recently. Oh, and Honegger's Third Symphony.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Honegger's pacific 231

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix_WD3GixBo&feature=related

Gustav Holst's Saturn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ0Z6kD06Us

Rachmaninov's prelude op 23 no 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sczpogUyVQw

Quote by freddaahh
Ralph Vaughan Williams' Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis is gorgeous, one of my current favourites. So is Schubert's Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello. Those along with endless Chopin and Schubert piano pieces are my favourites recently. Oh, and Honegger's Third Symphony.

Oh lol, I was listening to that one when I opened the thread.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by blue_strat
Beethoven - Symphony No. 7, 2nd movement

Yes! Duum, dum dum, duuuum dummm. It's somehow really dark but uplifting. I love how that's the soundtrack to some of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe episodes.

Quote by Kensai

Oh lol, I was listening to that one when I opened the thread.

I remember you enjoying it last time I posted it in a classical music thread here. I plug it everywhere I go.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at May 28, 2010,
Flight of the bumblebee-Rimsky Korkasov
Ronda Alla Turca
Classical Gas
Paganinni's 5th Caprice
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Oh and TS I forgot Stravinsky's Spring rounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POx2dAEiMwk

Quote by freddaahh
I remember you enjoying it last time I posted it in a classical music thread here. I plug it everywhere I go.

Hehe, I plug gustav holst everwhere I go.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The first of Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances is my favourite piece of music right now. Listen to that.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by jnsw
hi guys any classical pieces out there that you feel people should listen to?

can you introduce me to complex classical pieces that are good? i only know a few composers beethoven bach etc..

I had to play a song by bach called Concerto for two violins in D minor (why do all classical pieces have boring names?) and I actually liked the song a lot...very intricately woven parts that make it difficult to master rhythmically--challenging/fun stuff
From my post in "the classical thread:"

My must listen to list (that most of you have probably already heard):
Beethoven symphonies 3, 5, 6, 7, 9
Beethoven piano sonatas 8, 14, 17, 21, 23, 32
Beethoven piano concerto no 5, and violin concerto
Beethoven string quartet no. 14
Mozart symphonies no. 25, 29, 40, 41
Mozart divertimento
Mendelssohn violin concerto in Em
Tchaikovsky symphony no. 6
Tchaikovsky violin concerto

If you're just now beginning to listen to classical, I'd say start with the Mendelssohn violin concerto in Em. It will be new (you haven't heard it before), but it is an excellent piece, and not too hard to understand and get into.
Last edited by bnull24 at May 28, 2010,
Quote by kalnoky7
My sig! My sig!

edit: both links, while you're at it.
edit2: And also, can't go wrong with Chopin.

just posted in your thread