i bought an ibanez rg, pretty much just for the feel. i've always prefered them over some fenders and gibson.

but im wondering how would i go about getting a les paul like sound from a h-s-h guitar. what pickups do i use? and should i change the wiring around?

what should i do?
it's not something that can be achieved by wiring anything or changing pickups because just about everything about the RG is different to les paul except the fact it's still a guitar

you're not gonna get it to sound like a les paul, naturally, but you could probably get a tone that somewhat resembles a les paul tone by using either of the humbuckers and boosting the mids and bass on your amp a bit.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The closest thing to do is just buy another guitar. I went from an Ibanez to a Gibson and there was a HUGE difference in tone. It was due to the woods, and how much of it is there. The Ibanez I had had an alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. The Les Paul I had had a mahogany body and neck, and rosewood fretboard. There was also a lot more wood on the Les Paul (so it was heavier) and there was a very big difference in tone.

To answer your question though, I don't think you can do much to get the sound you're looking for out of your guitar. I'm not sure what woods are on your guitar though. I know Ibanez makes some mahogany bodied guitars, as well as basswood (kind of in-between alder and mahogany I think). Even if your guitar is mahogany, I don't know of any Ibanez guitars that are thick, and full-bodied. That's where the tone you're wanting would come from. I also had one of those Fender FMT Tele Customs which had the mahogany/rosewood setup like a Les Paul, but the body was VERY thin. It still came a lot closer to sounding like a Les Paul than the Ibanez I had did.

For the tone you're looking for though, you'll want to invest in another guitar with the right woods. You can get away with not getting a full-bodied guitar, but for what you're wanting you'd definitely want mahogany. Hardtail wouldn't hurt either. Go for an ESP/LTD Eclipse. Better than Gibson for sure. I had two Les Paul Classics and after that I said enough. Absolutely not worth $1800. I bought a goldtop LTD EC-400AT for $375 with a case off of ebay and it blew both Gibsons out of the water.
Pups and wiring really won't do much for ya, bud. An ibanez RG is a sleek, slim superstrat. While on the other hand, the Les Paul is a fat, heavy Mahogany single cut away axe. The tone of these two is worlds apart.