Hey UG,
Last night I lost my customizing virginity, and took on my first custom project ever.

I was at fabric land with my girlfriend a while ago and saw Vinyl Fabric on sale for around 8 dollars a meter. So a couple days ago I went back and bought 5. I stripped down all the tolex on my Randall XL 4x12 and bought some Welbond glue. It was actually a really simple job. Basically I stripped the thing down on the sides and back, and than sanded the hell out of it. After that it was basically like wrapping the thing like a present. I cut out the vinyl for the sides in one big piece and wrapped it around while gluing and stapling. In the future, I think spray adhesive would work better, but the Welbond did the job.

I ran into trouble in the back panel, this vinyl was a bittt thicker than whatw as on it before, so it didn't fit AS snug as it was before. but its in there, and drilled down. No ones gunna see the back anyways

All in all, I think it looks pretty good! Tell me what you think? I think I'm going to cover my 6505 in the same vinyl, because i have TONS left over.

Cab Pic 1

Cab Pic 2

Cab Pic 3
Last edited by I Like Me. at May 28, 2010,
The links to the pictures don't work.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
@ mopy hey bro, right click on the link and open it in a new tab, or window, and you'll be able to see the pics, then
That is freekin sweet. Do you think I'd be able to do that to a Peavey Vypyr 15 combo amp?
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
pics not working :/
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Everyone follow charles advice lol. Thanks so much for the compliments!
You can DEFINITELY do it to the vypyr, or any amplifier you really wanted to.

Yeah!

I have a plan to some day cover a halfstack in purple tolex with zebra-stripey grill cloth on the cab and a plexiglass front plate for the head, possibly with an engraved, side-lit logo. So this is right up my alley too.
Quote by Pikka Bird

Yeah!

I have a plan to some day cover a halfstack in purple tolex with zebra-stripey grill cloth on the cab and a plexiglass front plate for the head, possibly with an engraved, side-lit logo. So this is right up my alley too.

I must have looked in every fabric store in canada for zebra print vinyl. noooo freaking luck.