So I saw this show last night. It was ok at best, but what caught my eye was this Telecaster that the guitarist of one of the bands was using. Gorgeous. Can't figure out what it was though.

It had the standard covered pickup at the neck, and the standard slanted single coil at the bridge, but there was also an uncovered single coil in the middle. There are a few Teles with this set up, but this one also had a white (or maybe cream) colored binding around the body. I haven't seen that and the 3 pickup setup on any other Teles.

So what was it?

Here's a picture I found of her and the guitar (very poor quality unfortunately - the body is actually much brighter, with a little bit of sparkle in the finish)

probably a '62 reissue tele custom (or perhaps even an original if she's very lucky) that's been modded to have an extra pickup.

edit:

and perhaps if it's modded it could easily have had the neck replaced with one with a maple fretboard, too...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at May 28, 2010,
Quote by mrbreeze317

i don't think those have binding.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Oh yeah, also the neck has no fret markers. It's difficult to see in the photo.

And the finish is actually like this (except not beat up) - (again, can't see in the photo I posted before but this is what it looked like in person):
Last edited by jfreyvogel at May 28, 2010,