I have an Digitech RP1000 connected to a Roland 35 watt amp but the sound is pretty bad and I'd like to upgrade the amp to something better. Can anyone recommend an amp around the $500 range that will sound good with this Integrated-Effects Switching System?

Thanks!
I had a typo in my original posting, it's not a Roland amp it's the "Randall RX Series RX35DM 35W 1x12" which I'm using now.
Edit: I forgot some of the stuff the RP1000 can do. New advice: If you want to only use the amp modeling, get a decent power amp (solid state or something with a neutral tone and a lot of headroom would probably be best) and a cab. If you want to use it with an amp, find one that you like that has an effects loop, hook up the RP1000 using the four cable method and use the amp with the effects for some stuff and bypass the preamp to use the amp models for the stuff the amp can't really do
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at May 28, 2010,
Get one with a loop in it, and then you can use the RP for cleans. DO NOT follow the above post's advice and DO NOT go into the guitar input from the RP. You are just putting your pre amp ( the RP) into a preamp.

Bugera?
Thats half right. I forgot the RP1000 can use the four cable method to add effects to the amps signal or cut out the preamp and replace it with the amp modeling in the pedal. This refutes my earlier claim of needing a good clean channel, but also means that if you get an amp with an effects loop and plug right into that, you'd be wasting a lot of the pedals potential.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at May 28, 2010,
hey, thanks for the replies. Is there a specific tube amp you can recommend? It's just a starting point. Right now I have now idea there are so many.

Thanks!