How does an esp neck compare to that of an ibanez or jackson. Obviously esp's cant be too bad for shredding/solo'ing seeing as alexi laiho uses one. but then muhammed suicmez uses an ibanez, and both are great shredders.

So how to the necks compare?
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
Their different model lines have different necks. Generally, they are thicker than Ibanez, but still much thinner than Schecter. I've only played Jackson a couple of times, so I'm not familiar with them enough to compare them.

EDIT: Are you looking at a particular model, or are you just looking to get into the brand?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 28, 2010,
The Alexi's have a neck that's a little wider and thicker than a Wizzard II, but they still feel REALLY good. It's about the same neck that's on my M-100, the M might be a little bit skinnier. The neck on my V is a think neck, but you can still get up and down it with NO problem. ESP was made for metal, and metal guys, for the most part, shread.
Quote by Offworld92
Their different model lines have different necks. Generally, they are thicker than Ibanez, but still much thinner than Schecter. I've only played Jackson a couple of times, so I'm not familiar with them enough to compare them.

EDIT: Are you looking at a particular model, or are you just looking to get into the brand?

KH202.
The KH guitars are basically an expanded M series, in that they have an extra volume knob. Other than that, and the finishes, obviously, they are essentially M series's. The M series has the thinnest neck they offer, which is slightly thicker than Ibanez, and more round than flat.

Most GC's carry the KH202 now, I think, so you should go try one out.

As with any sig, you'll probably find that you can get better quality for the price elsewhere, but to each his own. If it calls to you, then by no means hesitate.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The KH guitars are basically an expanded M series, in that they have an extra volume knob. Other than that, and the finishes, obviously, they are essentially M series's. The M series has the thinnest neck they offer, which is slightly thicker than Ibanez, and more round than flat.

Most GC's carry the KH202 now, I think, so you should go try one out.

As with any sig, you'll probably find that you can get better quality for the price elsewhere, but to each his own. If it calls to you, then by no means hesitate.

I somehow doubt I will find better quality for the price. My grg 170 cost 180GBP, this would cost like 150 GBP

So I assuem I can't find better for 150 GBP anyway. Would you recomend a KH202?
esp's generally have larger frets. esp's are superier over many guitars for sohredding, but honestly you can shred with any guitar even a first act.
Seriously? Is it used? The KH202 costs $470 USD here. that's about twice as much after conversion.

If you're getting it for that cheap, then definitely go for it. Just, if you can, make sure you play it first and you're comfortable with it. Even if it's a great steal, it's still a waste of money if you get it and you hate it.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Seriously? Is it used? The KH202 costs $470 USD here. that's about twice as much after conversion.

If you're getting it for that cheap, then definitely go for it. Just, if you can, make sure you play it first and you're comfortable with it. Even if it's a great steal, it's still a waste of money if you get it and you hate it.

from fleabay, a small chip on headstock, small chip near input jack and thats it (other than not stringed), chips only paint deep and not deformed the wood.