Page 1 of 7
So, I'm curious to know musicians' opinions on current scene music. You know, those bands that call themselves "metalcore" and "hardcore"and stuff?

For me, it's such a wide genre, because every band approaches it differently, so I have to listen to a scene band before I can judge them. I love bands like A Day to Remember, Of Mice & Men, Failing the Fairest, and I Am Abomination because they're really catchy or really skilled, but I absolutely can't stand bands like Attack Attack!, bring Me the Horizon, and brokncyde because they are repetitive and annoying.

So, bands you like/dislike? Why/why not?

No fl@merz, please!
they suck
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
Quote by The Water Boy
I love bands Of Mice & Men because they're really catchy or really skilled, but I absolutely can't stand bands like Attack Attack! because they are repetitive and annoying.

LOLWUT
Dude, they're basically the same band.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I don't hate the bands... I don't like the style but I see why some people like it.

What I abhor is the whole scene culture thing that follows it. It's like fashion and cliques and all that crap go hand in hand with that music. I just don't identify with any of it at all- I'm 16 and with the exception of a few bands I pretty much always listen to '90s music, dunno why.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
@nashawa: Attack Attack uses crappy synth imo. Of Mice & men can actually play their guitars lol
Quote by The Water Boy
@nashawa: Attack Attack uses crappy synth imo. Of Mice & men can actually play their guitars lol

not really...
people don't dislike them cause they're "repetitive", people dislike them cause they are flat out bad.
Quote by The Water Boy

No.
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
I like some of them.

Maybe it's because there's no 'scene' culture around here, which apparently garners the most hate of scene bands. Or maybe I have bad taste in music. Whatever
Some are tight, and proficient at their instruments, and some are even tight and have a good stage presence live. However, their music overall, is a generic joke that has been redone to death, and besides the musicianship - the lyrics, attitude, and fans are incredibly shallow and 1 D.
You of all people should know thats not true. I still see guys that dress like girls with straightened hair and make up.
What's with v-necks? Since when is that attractive?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by phoenix_crush
when the cut goes down to your navel?

mm Probably not. I don't worry too much about a lack of pecs; I work out daily. But yeah, they make me feel sexy AND I AM NOT ASHAMED
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
...you're officially suspect.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
V necks ..for whatever reason have become the official christcore wear. I guess that's how jesus would roll.
WWJW?

What would Jesus wear?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Sooooort of a v-neck I guess.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Bring Me are nothing like the other Brokencyde and Attack! Attack!, they are actually a proper band (even if Oli's a bit of a knob), and A Day To Remember aren't really "scene" either, they've been around longer than the so called scene and they don't sound anything like the standard faggy "scene" bands. Oh, and this thread is unnecessary, it just makes you look like a walking botched abortion.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Bring Me are nothing like the other Brokencyde and Attack! Attack!, they are actually a proper band (even if Oli's a bit of a knob), and A Day To Remember aren't really "scene" either, they've been around longer than the so called scene and they don't sound anything like the standard faggy "scene" bands. Oh, and this thread is unnecessary, it just makes you look like a walking botched abortion.

As did your post. What you said makes very little sense. BMTH is very much a scene band. How can you deny that?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at May 28, 2010,
Quote by asator

I don't like you.
It's on the same level as Ke$ha
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at May 29, 2010,
Quote by asator

That would make sense if scene were actually a distinctive style of music and not simply a trend in fashion and attitude amongst people who think that they listen to hardcore and metal when in reality they listen to what is probably the worst possible combination of the two.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
i hate all of them. its such a trendy and superficial scene, like technicolour said
Hating on scene kids is for hipsters. I mean is any of this even relevant anymore... ridiculous.
I'm an asshole.
I just don't like v-necks.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
But what about guys?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Aeolian Harmony

That is all need be said.

I'm hard.
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
Quote by The Water Boy
So, I'm curious to know musicians' opinions on current scene music. You know, those bands that call themselves "metalcore" and "hardcore"and stuff?

For me, it's such a wide genre, because every band approaches it differently, so I have to listen to a scene band before I can judge them. I love bands like A Day to Remember, Of Mice & Men, Failing the Fairest, and I Am Abomination because they're really catchy or really skilled, but I absolutely can't stand bands like Attack Attack!, bring Me the Horizon, and brokncyde because they are repetitive and annoying.

So, bands you like/dislike? Why/why not?

No fl@merz, please!

Scenefaggotry is a cancer and a plague upon hardcore.

Actually, scratch that.
Scenefaggotry is unrelated to hardcore, except for minor superficial similarities. It is to hardcore as nu-metal is to metal or Good Charlotte is to punk. Trendy pop rock wrapped up in another genre's clothing.

Basically, it's "ironically" bad shitty attempts at faux-aggression for hipster faggots.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at May 28, 2010,
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
That is all need be said.

THAT IS NOT PABST!
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....