Hey guys!
Just got my 6L6s in last night (eurotubes.com ships STUPID fast!!!) and got them biased properly.
I DID need to switch to EL34 mode. (Note, on thier website, it suggests setting to 20mA then switching to EL34 mode to get close to 35mA...doing this on MY amp got me to 48mA. PERSONALLY, I would recommend setting to 15mA in 6L6 mode before doing the switch...can't hurt).
Without adjusting...with the stock tubes at 38.5mA, the new ones were at 32mA. now they sit at a nice 39.5mA with LOTS of room to move up and down.

First thing first....GAWD DAMN!!!!! These things have some SERIOUS low end!!!!!! I mean hit you in the chest bass! TIGHT and punchy (and only on volume level 2!!!)Even messing around with a full scoop on the mids, with the bass and treb at 6 NO mud!!!! Bring the mids back up to about 4, and it gives kick in the face cut, through the mix heaven!
Second...the honky, megaphone midrange seems to have been tamed quite a bit. I WAS planning on putting some left over felt from my cab on the inside , but now I might just leave it for right now while I get my EQ closer to where it will live. Top end is perfect!

The new tubes are JJ 6L6GC

The cab has Eminence Swamp Thangs, and Wizards (quite bright actually) PREVIUOSLY, the bass was OK...only OK, NOT very tight and punchy, but now it's awesome...again even on just 1:00 on the bass, and volume at 2, it hits you in the chest, NO MUD at all!
The mid-range was a little honky/megaphone sounding, but now it is MUCH smoother and nicer. I also rolled back the presence a few clicks...the high end is not nice and crisp without needing the presence up.

I REALLY didn't expect any change in tone from these at such low volume levels (well low numerically...this thing is just STUPID loud at just 2). But this is a VERY noticeable change! A big enough change to make you want to re-adjust your EQ!

I HIGHLY recommend a set of JJ 6L6GC tubes in the power section of these amps.
I also highly recommend eurotubes.com for their AWESOME customer service, and stupid fast shipping!!!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at May 28, 2010,
I've been doing business with Eurotubes for a few years now.

They are definitely the leaders in their business.......and their prices are great too.

Most importantly, these guys completely understand tubes. Send them an email with your amp and what you're looking to get out of it and they make incredibly insightful recommendations.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
+1

I did exactly that...gave them my settings...what I was getting, and what i wanted...these guys are THE go to guys for tubes and tube questions!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune