Hey guys
here is the choice to be made, I could buy a Behringer TU 300 Tuner pedal or one of many power supplies however I only have enough money for one? I am sick of having to buy 9V batteries all the time but could do with a pedal tuner! Im kinda new to all this so could someone with more experience tell me which is more practical?

Thanks
if you already have a tuner
the power supply would save you more more on batteries and put that money saved toward the new tuner
To use a pedal tuner as a power supply you still need to buy the AC adapter, and then daisy-chain from the tuner to other pedals.

This is pretty pointless for me, since you can daisy-chain the AC adapter directly into any pedals you need to... Which makes daisy-chaining from the tuner pedal pointless.

Bottomline is:
just get an AC adapter and a daisy-chain, and use it to supply power directly to all the pedals you need (keep in mind the power consumption of all pedals -- don't exceed the AC adapter's limits).

As far as tuners go, i'd suggest you look into a TC Electronic PolyTune or a Boss TU-3.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Why not just buy an effects processor which has a built in tuner and comes with a 9 volt adaptor? I have the Zoom John5 Signature Series pedal which only cost me $50.00 and it was definately worth the price.
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
I would be powering 4/5 pedals and yes I am now thinking of the power supply
http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/9v-dc-regulated-power-supply-with-integrated-6-way-daisy-chain-2-p.asp
that one looks like it would work for a very reasonable price?

Pretty much.
I repeat, just make sure that the sum of all your pedals' power consumption doesn't exceed the DC adapter's capacity.

Quote by jeffo46
Why not just buy an effects processor which has a built in tuner and comes with a 9 volt adaptor? I have the Zoom John5 Signature Series pedal which only cost me $50.00 and it was definately worth the price.

Because he already has the pedals...

Plus, not everyone likes multi-FX units. Especially cheap, crappy ones like the one you're advertising.
There are far better multi-FX units out there for just a bit more.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
ok thanks alot i think im getting that power supply, using a Boss DS-2, EHX Small Clone, Arion MOC-1 Octave, Noble DD-800 Delay and an Onerr CX-1 Overdrive I shouldn't exceed the limit
Thanks again