Hello all,

So, my band Cobra Cocktail has a show coming up June 28 at the Key Club in Hollywood...we're opening for Steel Panther. We need to start selling the tickets, but having people mail us a personal check or cash is a little awkward and unreliable. Therefore, I'd love to find a reliable way to sell these tickets online.

I don't want to refer people to the Key Club site because we need to make the sales ourselves, so they count for us and they don't cost our fans more. I am looking into PayPal...in the meantime, anyone have suggestions? We have the physical tickets, so we would probably just be mailing them out personally. We just need a secure way for customers to enter credit card information.
All your bass are belong to me <3
How many have you got to sell? Can't you just sell them to all your friends in person?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
How many have you got to sell? Can't you just sell them to all your friends in person?

We have to sell 100 and we've got an extra 100 on top of that.

Close friends will receive tickets in person. Less accessible people and fans on MySpace would be better off with a link.
All your bass are belong to me <3
Quote by AllYourBass
We have to sell 100 and we've got an extra 100 on top of that.

Close friends will receive tickets in person. Less accessible people and fans on MySpace would be better off with a link.

Right, that's a lot more than I expected haha. Carry on then, get paypal going!
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Set up a paypal account, and maybe even take the names of the people and have a list at the venue. And once they present an I.D of who they are you can verify thay they have already paid via PayPal, and let them in. That way you won't have to worry about mailing tickets, and possibly losing them in the mail or something like that.
Quote by scguitarking927
Set up a paypal account, and maybe even take the names of the people and have a list at the venue. And once they present an I.D of who they are you can verify thay they have already paid via PayPal, and let them in. That way you won't have to worry about mailing tickets, and possibly losing them in the mail or something like that.

This.

One of the small venues near me does something about the same as this. Works great. Don't need to worry about the tickets.
I also recommend using paypal.

One thing I would consider doing, when you receive payment from a person, email them a confirmation number, something random, like 6 digits, with letters and numbers. That way if, for example, they use a parent's account or a friend's account to order the tickets, they have another way of verifying it's really their ticket. Also, don't handle this yourselves. If you have a friend, manager, merch salesman, etc. who can handle the ticket distribution, let them do it. There's bound to be quite a few people who show up late.

Also, keep in mind, it takes a couple days to transfer funds from your paypal to your bank account, so if the venue/organizer wants that money by the night of the show, be sure you'll be able to cover it and/or transfer the money as you get it.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX