Ok, so im getting a new guitar. ive been looking at epiphone les paulsv(the studio deluxe in alpine white) and a few ibanezs. I would get the ibanez but i cant find one that isnt too cheap or too expensive and has a fixed/string thru body. But my burning question is, has anyone played the epiphone les paul studio deluxe and has the ALPINE WHITE WITH GOLD HARDWARE one because ive heard that the gold finish rubs off suuuuper quick. And if anyone has any suggestions on a guitar that fits a 300-475 price range thatd be awesome. I like maple fretboards, HSS/HH/HSH setups, fixed/string thru bridge, solid body. color isnt a real factor to me (even tho white with gold hardware, or all black with maple fretboard is very very nice). Thanks for the help UG!
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Buy an old alpine white LP with gold hardware off of ebay.

Or, buy your junk if you gotta have something brand new.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
Buy an old alpine white LP with gold hardware off of ebay.

Or, buy your junk if you gotta have something brand new.

I dont trust buying things off of ebay. i prefer to see and play what im buying before i buy it. also, i have a $200 gift card to guitarcenter. so im pretty much forced to get something new
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
agreed. don't buy anything until you play it. you'd be surprised how every guitar, even the same models, don't always play the same. might sound the same, but not PLAY the same.

I'd go with an LP. Pretty much all gold hardware rubs off a bit; that's just the nature of the alloy. The acid your body gives off (in sweat mostly) will also corrode it. Wiping it down will cause the gold to rub off as well. Best bet is to oil it (not sure which kind of oil, sorry) to prevent SOME wear.
i have a custom with gold hardware.

i bought it used. i know from research the guitar was made in 06. i have not had it for exactly 1 year. the gold on the corner of the bridge pickup is wearing off due to my sleeve etc rubbing it while i play. and generally i play a minimum of 1-2 hours a day. no other parts have wear (bridge parts, neck pickup, or tuners. all look new.

so yes. it does wear off. but granted how much i play, i would be surprised if any finish lasted.

in short, if you play a lot, its gonna come off. if not, your going to have it for a while.