I want to re string my 12 string acoustic and i was wondering what the best way is..

Should I put on the lower EADGBE strings first, then their high octaves, or should i go EE,AA,DD,GG,BB,EE?

Or is there some other proper way?
Well, technically if my knowledge is correct, for almost any guitar, you don't want to take all the strings off. Replace one string at a time only, so there isn't extensive pressure on the neck.

As for the 12 string part, idk, sorry.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Each of the 6 "regular" strings is paired up with an octave/unison pitch. So, the second idea.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
It really doesn't matter. I've stringed mine in a manner of ways including your options and also taking them all off.

Whatever floats yer boat!
Quote by hockeyplayer168
Well, technically if my knowledge is correct, for almost any guitar, you don't want to take all the strings off. Replace one string at a time only, so there isn't extensive pressure on the neck.

As for the 12 string part, idk, sorry.

so what do you do when you need to clean or oil the fretboard, what do guitar tech do when they're crowning or dressing the frets? it's not as big a deal as some people make of it to take off all the strings at once. if you're just changing strings and maybe cleaning the fretboard it's no biggie, doubt if it would affect anything at all. If you take off all the strings and leave it sitting with no tension for a while the neck will bend back to it's natural position, but all it takes to fix it is a truss rod adjustment.

of course, with floating trems it's a good idea to change em one at a time unless you're doing something that requires taking off the strings just because it's a pain in the ass to restring a floating trem that's not under tension.