I download music all the time. but I support tons of music and artist, I've seen over 100 bands lives, merch, blah to the blah to the blah. But I see sites like Rhapsody, emusic, and etc. offering like "$10 a month for all the music ya want" deals.

But that only includes a certain catalog of music? correct?

And that purchasing of a catalog would only include certain labels and not others?

Also I have a Zune so I hate anything regarding itunes/apple so I refuse to use that, but they have Zune Marketplace. is that a solid option?

So my questions to the UG populous are:

Is it worth getting one of these site packages?
What are your experiences with them?
Which would you recommend, if any?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
so if I cancel my membership it disappears from my library?
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
so if I cancel my membership it disappears from my library?

The music remains in your library but it will be unplayable because the company whom which you payed owns it.

Zune lets you keep 10 songs, I believe, every month you pay for the membership.

So it's

14.99 per month for
-unlimited music downloads.
-Get to keep 10 songs(so even after you cancel your membership, you still get 10 songs for every month you payed for.)
See thats retarded, is that how all of these companies work as well or only Zune marketplace?
If you want to support artists, you'd be much better off downloading all the music you want, and paying for CDs/live shows whatever when you can afford it.
^ thats what I do, and honestly although moral justifications arent usually my thang, I'm willing to make a personal exception because of how truly screwed up the music industry is.
I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could circumvent the whole subscription issue. Perhaps burn the mp3s to a CD and then burn the CD onto another computer? I know that works for removing the DRM from iTunes music.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
^ thats what I do, and honestly although moral justifications arent usually my thang, I'm willing to make a personal exception because of how truly screwed up the music industry is.

Is this really such a bad thing? Maybe they'll realise things have changed and will wise up eventually.
I just use Amazons digital store when I want to pay for stuff. Usually quite cheap, its high quality, and its not loaded with any stupid DRM.