Hey guys, I've beein thinking about sticking a gibson burstbucker 2 in a guitar of mine but I just thought I would test the waters first and see what you guys thought of them.

Also I'm thinking about a classic '57.

So thoughts?
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier

Jackson DKMG

Hot Rodded Telecaster

"of course he`s egotistical we`re all egotistical if we weren`t we`d be bassists."

Alter Bridge Pearl Jam Foo Fighters 3 Doors Down
Test what waters?? Weather you do it or not is up to you not some bozo on the internut.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Test what waters?? Weather you do it or not is up to you not some bozo on the internut.

I just wanted to see what people who have had experience with them think. If you don't have anything worthwhile to input go do something else.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier

Jackson DKMG

Hot Rodded Telecaster

"of course he`s egotistical we`re all egotistical if we weren`t we`d be bassists."

Alter Bridge Pearl Jam Foo Fighters 3 Doors Down
look on youtube of people using the pickups, there are a lot of comparison videos that are pretty helpful. I personally would suggest the '57 Classic over the Burstbucker 2, for pretty much no reason in particular tbh(not telling you to listen to me), but the '57 classic is about as close as you are going to get to a real PAF sound as far as Gibson pickups go. '57 Classic is a great pickup, i've heard iffy review on a lof of the Burstbuckers, but it really depends on what kind of music you're playing.

The burstbucker 3 is much better than the 2 imo. it's the same pickup Jimmy Page used to use in his signature Les Pauls.

Also if you're looking for something really close to a PAF sound take a look at Lindy Fralin pickups, pretty much the closest you can get to a Real PAF without using a time machine or paying out the asshole for real vintage pickups
http://www.fralinpickups.com/
Last edited by handbanana at May 28, 2010,
Quote by SilentFactor
I just wanted to see what people who have had experience with them think. If you don't have anything worthwhile to input go do something else.

There is no telling what they will sound like until you install them. Just because I like what brand X pickup sounds like in guitar Z does not mean you will like it. This is the major reason I do not give recommendations on pickups.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.