Anyone else ever think this way?

Sometimes I'll be going through some stress or emotional turbulence or just the ups-and-downs of life and I'll suddenly remember that, in the grand scheme of things, I make no difference, so my problems are unimportant.

Doesn't make me feel any better though honestly. I feel like I want to talk to someone about it but the thread title keeps me from ever doing it.

You guys probably don't care either. Fuck it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Smokin' too much weed, man.

And certainly a thread title shouldn't stop you from talking about a problem you have.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
If you ever need someone to talk to you can PM me if you want.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Momentosis
Smokin' too much weed, man.

And certainly a thread title shouldn't stop you from talking about a problem you have.

I haven't smoked weed in about eight months. I felt better about life when I smoked weed.

And I'm referring to the idea more so than the actual title itself.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Like, if I've got a problem or something I want to talk about, I always end up saying that there's always something worse and no one really gives a shit in comparison.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
i know how u feel man. it sux but thats the way it is. no reason to get all sad about it. if u really want to post your problems here then go ahead. someone will reply
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
It won't necessarily make me feel better, but it's a sort of comfort to know that my life is not going to be miserable forever because of whatever I'm currently going through. Like you said, in the grand scheme of things, you're not going to remember all that shitty stuff going on, but more so how all those negatives made you a better person.
Quote by :Vicious--
i know how u feel man. it sux but thats the way it is. no reason to get all sad about it. if u really want to post your problems here then go ahead. someone will reply

I feel like a melodramatic dick when I talk about my problems to anyone, so I just push it all to the back and hope for better days.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
I get something similar. When in one moment I realise nothing matters, at all. We are nothing. We cannot logically exist but we do. There is no rational explanation. We CAN'T exist. Nothing we do will make any difference because it doesn't make sense.
Man, Your problems matter to you, and thats enyough to have a importance to you and the people around you. also think about in your life, does the Bigger problems have any importance to your life?
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
When I get frustrated and irritated and things just seem to be out of whack I invariably stumble across somebody or something that reminds me that it could be so much worse.
I may be insignificant to the grand scheme of things but I'm not insignificant to me. And there are a lot of "mes" out there that are truly hosed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Dude I feel so ****ing shit right now and I know exactly how you feel mate. IF you EVER need to talk feel free to PM me or add me and talk to me in the chat.
Check out my fitness blog here
Your problems matter as much as anyone elses. Just think about those less fortunate and they may seem not so bad.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
TS, that's my way of thinking, and I suppose it differs for everyone, but to me it's a comfort.

If I'm having problems or feeling stressed, it's great knowing that, actually, none of it is important (to me), because in my head that equates to there being no use worrying about it. Obviously I'll generally have the motivation to sort out the problems, but it relieves most of the stress and worry involved.

As for talking to other people about problems/stress... well I'm not one to give much of an opinion. I don't unload my problems on others, and I hate it when they do so to me.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Yeah, but also the fact that whenever someone complains about anything I instantly judge them for it prevents me from ever speaking about my problems. This means that on some days I'll just suddenly feel incredibly depressed by realising all the various problems I want to talk about whereas other days I forget everything bad previous completely, which means that often I can't remember peoples names etc because I associate them with this worse time.

I think I'm more open about my problem that prevents me talking about real problems moreso than the aforementioned real problems

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
In the scheme of things they don't, but they matter to you.

Get your feelings out man, we love you haha.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Kilobyte
TS, that's my way of thinking, and I suppose it differs for everyone, but to me it's a comfort.

If I'm having problems or feeling stressed, it's great knowing that, actually, none of it is important (to me), because in my head that equates to there being no use worrying about it. Obviously I'll generally have the motivation to sort out the problems, but it relieves most of the stress and worry involved.

As for talking to other people about problems/stress... well I'm not one to give much of an opinion. I don't unload my problems on others, and I hate it when they do so to me.

That's kinda what I mean.

No one cares about my problems. I mean, let's be honest, no one really likes listening to the problems of anyone else.

I feel like I need to release some of this but I know that no one really cares, which is worse than the problems themselves. I don't want to be seen as a melodramatic loser by posting the way I feel on some social networking site or blogging about it or opening up to my friends.

I feel like pulling out my own hair and setting myself on fire sometimes but I know that nobody cares, so I pent it up. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place; there's no viable means by which I can relieve the stress, which creates more stress, which I can't relieve, so I end up saying "Fuck it" and bottling it all endlessly.

Maybe I'm just an angsty retarded teenager who doesn't really understand anything or have any concept of hardship. I guess that's it. I'm a stupid melodramatic fool. Everyone please hate me now.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
That's kinda what I mean.

No one cares about my problems. I mean, let's be honest, no one really likes listening to the problems of anyone else.

I feel like I need to release some of this but I know that no one really cares, which is worse than the problems themselves. I don't want to be seen as a melodramatic loser by posting the way I feel on some social networking site or blogging about it or opening up to my friends.

I feel like pulling out my own hair and setting myself on fire sometimes but I know that nobody cares, so I pent it up. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place; there's no viable means by which I can relieve the stress, which creates more stress, which I can't relieve, so I end up saying "Fuck it" and bottling it all endlessly.

Well, it's all about how you cope with relieving that stress. Some people find a non-social way (I personally relieve all my stress with video games), which also works if you feel uncomfortable talking to others, or like others don't want to listen. There are people I know that use non-healthy methods though, such as drinking way too much, and that's never a road to go down.

Then there are those who are willing to listen, and get enjoyment out of helping others with their problems, or just talking with them about how they feel. As others have said, UG has the Hugging Thread for that.

It's all about finding a way of relieving that stress, and if you haven't found one yet, then don't worry. Most of the people I know haven't (hence my earlier comment of "I hate people unloading stuff onto me").

Quote by dudetheman

Maybe I'm just an angsty retarded teenager who doesn't really understand anything or have any concept of hardship. I guess that's it. I'm a stupid melodramatic fool. Everyone please hate me now.

This is my train of thought a lot of the time - if I have stress, I just put it down to being a teenager. The way I look at it, if I think I'll look back in ten years and wonder what the hell I was so worked up about, it's not worth worrying about.

Melodrama comes with being a teenager (although I try to suppress my melodrama using the aforementioned ten-year method), so nobody's going to hate you for it.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at May 28, 2010,
Alternately, find someone you trust, tell them you need to talk to someone, and get talking. I don't like to unload my problems on anyone. I like to keep it nice and safe buried somewhere where I won't find it too easily. That said, that's a bad thing, IMO. Bad thoughts an investment, if you will. They don't seem like a whole lot at first, but the nasty ones grow fast and make your entire outlook a lot bleaker.

Talking helps people. Don't post it online. Don't talk on the phone. Don't text. Sit down, look someone in the eye, and talk. It's tough to start with. I'd even say that it's almost physically hurt me to talk to someone. I always end up crying (which I hate to do) and it leaves me emotionally drained. However, I'd say that telling someone you have issues and having them tell you that they're there for you is the best treatment for teenage angst.

And for the love of God, do not write bad poetry. Someone will find it and they will think it sucks. That or they'll decide you need to see a shrink. That's not entirely bad in itself, but all a shrink will do is tell you externalize (see above) or give you a prescription for pills that will leave you completely apathetic. Also, they'll charge you in either event.