yea so for my bday my gf got me an ec 1000 ( i know shes amazing)
there seems to be some fretbuzz on it and i dont have much experience on what to do wit that sort of thing
i was planning on putting some thicker gauges on it and set it to drop b, so im also wondering if that would make it worse, better, or will mess up the neck.
Is this a hardtail version or an FR version?

If it's the hardtail, then you can always just raise your bridge to fix the buzz.
Now if you're going to set up your guitar for dropped B, you need to adjust your truss rod so your neck can deal with the lowered tension, otherwise your neck will warp.

You can't just take a guitar and drop tune it to whatever when you put heavier strings on, there's a lot of stuff you need to do along with that. Maybe you should have a guitar tech do a pro setup on it if you don't have experience in doing so yourself..
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Is this a hardtail version or an FR version?

If it's the hardtail, then you can always just raise your bridge to fix the buzz.
Now if you're going to set up your guitar for dropped B, you need to adjust your truss rod so your neck can deal with the lowered tension, otherwise your neck will warp.

You can't just take a guitar and drop tune it to whatever when you put heavier strings on, there's a lot of stuff you need to do along with that. Maybe you should have a guitar tech do a pro setup on it if you don't have experience in doing so yourself..

Your caption states true.

Here's the deal...
You'll need to raise the action because thicker strings means less room between the string and the fret.

You might have to adjust your tross rod a touch. After all, you use thicker strings to keep strings at a higher tension in lower tunings.

But if you do have the floyd rose version, then you might want to get a professional set up.
yea its not the fr kind. so damn i guess i'll take it to a tech tomorrow i gotta stop by anyways since im upgrading my amp.
about how much would it be for a pro set up?
from a place like guitar center they usually charge $70 for a setup
but some local guitar techs might do it as cheap at $40
Dude.... I would kill for a girlfriend like that. Anywho, raise the action a little, and adjust the truss rod, and that will be good enough. However, if "good enough" doesn't cut it for you, take it to a good tech and they'll do a great job
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
Dude.... I would kill for a girlfriend like that. Anywho, raise the action a little, and adjust the truss rod, and that will be good enough. However, if "good enough" doesn't cut it for you, take it to a good tech and they'll do a great job

yea im considering a tech, it seems everytime i read about truss rods its like *TOUCH IT AND YOUR GUITAR WILL EXPLODE*
but its like there next to me, and i wanna play it BADLY. like i know how to deal with the action but not so much the truss rod. and was planning to put 12-56 on em

ps. yea many ppl would kill for my gf =) lol