Big typo guys. Just read the OP.

Do you believe this is true? In the rule of triadic interaction, there are four of these sayings:

1.The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
2.The friend of my friend is my friend.
3.The friend of my enemy is my enemy.
4.The enemy of my friend is my enemy.

Do you believe that, at their core, these rules are true? On a political/international scale, as well as interpersonal relationships.

Basically, if you are A, and your friend is B, then technically, if C is a stranger, then your relationship with C would hinge directly on B's relationship with C, rather than your own experiences with C.

Thoughts?

EDIT2: I thought you could edit thread titles now. Apparently they took that away. Dammit now I feel like a dumbass
Last edited by GRiMM94 at May 28, 2010,
Well, if the enemy of my enemy is myself, I am my own enemy? and then if that logic fails to confuse you, the enemy of myself would be myself, AGAIN. How many enemies can I make in one day?

EDIT: Ah, typo. Well, my point remains. I am my own friend. My best friend as a matter of fact. Well, i've had better, but i'm ok.
Not necessarily, the three of you could all hate each other.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Well certainly mutual like/dislike of a person can be common grounds for a relationship. I don't think the principle holds absolutely true though.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at May 28, 2010,
The enemy of my enemy's enemy is my enemy.

Which is a tautology really.
Also, the word enemy just lost all meaning.

EDIT: And actually on-topic, it depends on the situation.
I don't like all the friends that my friends have.
I don't hate all the people my friends hate.
I'm not friends with all of the people my "enemies" hate.
I'm friends with some of the friends of my "enemies".

So, none of them are true 100% of the time.
But they have some grounding in logic, more-so if you're a believer of this dumb concept that you have to like/dislike all of the same people as your friends.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at May 28, 2010,
All are situationally true or false.
Put that in your triadic pipe and smoke it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
the enemy of my friend isn't my enemy until they do something worth being considered an "enemy" just b/c my friend doesn't like someone for whatever reason doesn't mean i can't be friends with'em.