So im playing on stage for the first time next satuday, and im worried about one thing, breaking strings.

Im covering Metallica's Unforgiven, and the solo has about 6+ bends that im even scared to do now, because im breaking strings every 1-2 weeks. And that saturday is gonna fall right at the breaking window. And if thats not enough, im playing in front of about 100+ people . I love playing guitar, i feel alive when playing. I cant wait to play, but i just dont want to break a string in ront of all those people. Other than the solo, the song is one of easist and very boring w/o the solo. So is there a way to prolong a strings life? Dont have that much money so i cant buy ones b4 the show. And any advice?
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
What strings do you use, at what guage and at what tuning?
Also, where are they snapping? e.g. near the bridge or whatever?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Any ideas why your strings are breaking so much? I personally do billions of bends and other silly stuff that's hard on the strings, but never seem to break strings, takes strings that're 2-3 months old for me to get any breakages.

Are you using really light gauge strings/hitting the strings too hard/does the nut and/or bridge of your guitar have any sharp spots, are you using cheap strings, anything like that?

If you change your strings 2-3 days before the gig, you should be fine.
what kind of strings do you use now?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Ask your parents or a friend or something for some nice strings...thats pretty often to be breaking strings, what kind of strings do you play and are you stretching and restringing your guitar properly?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
To be breaking strings that quick seems like you might need to "adjust" one of your saddles. Need to check all the frets for any burs or imperfections that can snag a string and your saddles for anything as well; your nut too, just to be sure.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
the ball end comes undone, i have ernie ball (.010) reinforced strings (G, B, E strings are stronger), i play on standard all the time, and this is my first time changing brands of strings. So i dont know if these will break or not...
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I've never had ernie ball strings break on me yet. But i do break d'addarios on my accoustic, they simple "unwrap". Also the reason for me not breaking strings might be that i use 11's. Maybe a lower gauge causes the problem