Page 1 of 6
Because i use the virtual world and most of my friends in it have left it or something.

]

And i was wondering if there are any people on here who use Second Life?
Last edited by Axelfox at Jun 5, 2010,
I've heard of it, and I've heard that it's really big, but I've never met anyone that plays it. I reckon the vast majority of people I've met have never even heard of it before.
I remember hearing about some people I know who've lost their first lives in favor of their fake second life.
I remember reading a guys wife divorced him cause he married someone else on second life
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Of course this is supposed to be a updated pic of my avatar. And yes that is a Nightwish shirt.

Furries...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I've heard of it, and I've heard that it's really big, but I've never met anyone that plays it. I reckon the vast majority of people I've met have never even heard of it before.

And i've heard of people who can sell stuff in it,but it's easier than it sounds. I once had a heavy metal club,but closed it after 5 weeks.
I tried it out a few years ago but it just seemed to be full of people shagging. Maybe I was just in the wrong part of town.
I took a class last quarter on Virtual Environments. Our class met on Second Life since our professor was in San Jose and us in San Diego, and we had little projects and stuff on World of Warcraft. I hated SL cuz it was so buggy and slow, and the controls sucked compared to WoW. I stopped going on to both after that class ended; what a time suck.
Quote by red157
It worries me.

Forums and MMORPGs at least have a point and a reason besides escapism. Faux intimacy is always cause for concern.

Of course i also know there are combat groups in it too. I once belonged to one called Aliance Navy. And there are music concerts and flying planes as well.
Quote by burndttoast
I took a class last quarter on Virtual Environments. Our class met on Second Life since our professor was in San Jose and us in San Diego, and we had little projects and stuff on World of Warcraft. I hated SL cuz it was so buggy and slow, and the controls sucked compared to WoW. I stopped going on to both after that class ended; what a time suck.

Yeah,i know about that and the company released a new viewer called Viewer 2.0,but i prefer Emerald over it.
Quote by smb
I tried it out a few years ago but it just seemed to be full of people shagging. Maybe I was just in the wrong part of town.

I think you were. Because there are also combat groups in Second Life and jazz clubs.
I use to make guns in this game, but I didn't sell them even though people wanted me to. (I could script)

I use to have a pistol grenade launcher which shot these proximity mines that stuck to walls and blew up if you got within 10 meters of them, and i was going to add other stuff like napalm rounds and regular grenades but then I quite because I realized everyone on their was usually a ******.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
I use to make guns in this game, but I didn't sell them even though people wanted me to. (I could script)

I use to have a pistol grenade launcher which shot these proximity mines that stuck to walls and blew up if you got within 10 meters of them, and i was going to add other stuff like napalm rounds and regular grenades but then I quite because I realized everyone on their was usually a ******.

Of course the worst thing to me was the Openspace fiasco,because i feel the least LL could have done was to listen to us before they raised the prices on land. And i'm thinking about exiling myself to the Openlife grid,because the newer Lindens don't seem to be listening to the people in SL.
This is a garbage game for the most antisocial of people.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
This is a garbage game for the most antisocial of people.

Is it even a game? I always thought of it as a 3D version of the internet or a glorifed chatroom with graphics.
Quote by Axelfox
Is it even a game? I always thought of it as a 3D version of the internet or a glorifed chatroom with graphics.

No, it's a second life.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
No, it's a second life.

One thing i think should be done,would be to rename it from Second Life to something like virtual worlds,or virtual life.

Because i believe if it was renamed then most of the stigma would go away.
I've heard of it for many years.

Joking aside, a friend of mine paid for a psychiatrist on there who actually existed in RL And he would council you over the internet via Second Life.

She also attended a funeral on Second Life - i never really hold it against her, yes i do admittedly find it a bit sad - but at the end of the day it brings people happiness, its a just a shame the cost it reflects onto real life. Such as various murdering due to ingame related disagreements or sexual activity
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Axelfox
One thing i think should be done,would be to rename it from Second Life to something like virtual worlds,or virtual life.

Because i believe if it was renamed then most of the stigma would go away.

Is that so the people sad enough to play it feel better about themselves?
A woman was left stunned when she saw her neighbour engaged in a solo sex romp on a trampoline

EPICNESS!
Quote by chappoman
Is that so the people sad enough to play it feel better about themselves?

No,to stop people from insulting based on the name of the virtual world.
Quote by Axelfox
No,to stop people from insulting based on the name of the virtual world.

If anything virtual world makes it sound sadder, its a very small step away from naming it 'Tron'

Just call WoW and all the stigma will go away
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
If anything virtual world makes it sound sadder, its a very small step away from naming it 'Tron'

Just call WoW and all the stigma will go away

I've heard of WOW,but if i can't be a fox or,create content,or make money off other people then i won't enjoy it.
Quote by Axelfox
I've heard of WOW,but if i can't be a fox or,create content,or make money off other people then i won't enjoy it.

So I guess not being a fox is the deal breaker, here.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Axelfox

Lol - there's one solution to that. Run a comic book store

I'm all for freedom, but i just cant take games like this seriously - but then again i am an FPS player. The only MMO im going to play is going be SWTOR, but i'll make it a secondary thing in my life, ive lost many a friend to the depths of basements due to MMO's
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
So yeah, after reading this thread, I've decided to try this thing out (which is probably not a great moment to do it at, seeing as my final exam is in two days).

Any tips for a noob?
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
wtf is the point of it?
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
I joined a few yrs back, went in , walked around and thought....wtf am i doing here. There are people making money in there selling virtual real estate, fashion garments etc, that's why I was interested. Would you buy virtual real estate (assuming it was going up in value)?
And now I've quit.

I mean, there's nothing to do! Where's the quests, the gripping storyline, the amazing magics or superpowers (Yeah, I play City of Heroes) or the lovable chats?

And don't get me started on the graphics and their loading times.

I mean, I was a ginger for crying out loud!
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.