Can guitar tuners be off when you buy them?

i have a korg CA-1 chromatic tuner, iv had it about five weeks, its set at 440, But every time i tune with it im a little out of tune with whomever im playing with, but if i use their tuner(or someone elses) im dead on with them. idk what the problem could be. i always make sure to tune exactly how they do expen strings, 12th fret harmonics etc.

any ideas?
ill prob end up just buying a new tuner but i would still like to know what is wrong with this one.
thanks!
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Tuners only operate in a certain range of accuracy. It's fairly common to be a bit out of tune with someone else if you're not using the same tuner (or one that's extremely accurate).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Looks like a pretty standard tuner, seems very unlikely that it would be off like that. Maybe it's your intonation or how hard you're fretting?
Inhuman evil take down!
The only answer that i can think of is that different tuners have different measurements for 440 hz.

So like one tuner's 440 is another tuner's 440.5
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
If you're not using the same tuner as the other people you will be off. Also check your intonation.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
one of my tuners would tune my guitar fine, but would say my brother's was like a half-quarter step out of tune, when he was really in tune.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Last edited by Clutch32192 at May 28, 2010,