Hey everyone, I've got this old school made in Japan SG style electric. It was a hand-me-down from my buddy to me. He left it at my apartment and I fooled around with it and figured out how to pick out green sleeves. So when I saw him I was all excited and played it for him. I told him I want to get a guitar and start learning and he said if I promise to keep learning I could keep it. I have been using it for about one and a half to two years now. I took it to a guitar store and the guy asked me what it was exactly and I didn't know. So now I am curious. The guitar is completely unmarked except for "Made in Japan" on the back.

Here are pictures:

Sorry for the camera phone pictures.

Any how, thoughts?
Last edited by YoshiDori at May 28, 2010,
i think people that want us to identify guitars and don't include a nice headshot pic should be shot. in the head.

that's what i think.
Quote by gregs1020
i think people that want us to identify guitars and don't include a nice headshot pic should be shot. in the head.

that's what i think.

YES
It's a "Global" SG copy from the 1960's. I'm guessing it was made towards the end of the decade, because it actually looks like an SG.

Here's a similar one, but with a bigsby tremolo (probably added by the owner)

Same headstock shape

The "Global" name refers either to the Global Musical Instrument Company of Japan, or the name of a Chicago-based importer to cheap asian instruments. Could be either. I don't know.
Last edited by sashki at May 28, 2010,