I was playing tonight and every now and then, the volume would subtly cut out on my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

My first thought was that it was one of my pedals, cables, guitar, etc. I switched through 3 different cables, took the pedals out and switched guitars; but the volume issue is still there.

I then unscrewed the back panel to get a better look at the tubes. They glow blue (which is normal). But when cranked to full volume, i'll play and the blue will go out in one tube and the other will be blue. Then i'll stop playing and the blue re-appears. Is this a tube issue?

There is also a quiet buzz when the amp is on (without anything plugged in.)

The tubes are 7 months old.

Maybe what I need to know is in the tube thread or whatever it is, but I search bar'd and couldn't find it...

Thanks
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
While volume loss is a sign of worn tubes, at 7 months, I doubt they're worn out yet. If you have spares, I would certainly try them in the power amp section. Don't forget to rebias, if needed.
Quote by KG6_Steven
While volume loss is a sign of worn tubes, at 7 months, I doubt they're worn out yet. If you have spares, I would certainly try them in the power amp section. Don't forget to rebias, if needed.

Then if it might not be the tubes, what could it be?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Maybe you're drawing too much current from the wall?

The louder an amp gets, the greater the power it uses.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It could be an issue with the circuit itself, but I'm no amp tech. I don't know that greater current draw from the wall would explain the issues that TS is having. If you have a spare set of tubes around, preferably the same make as the current ones, I'd try those out. But you probably don't, since you've come here in the first place. The only thing I can tell you is to get it looked over by a tech that you trust.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I had a similar issue with my Genz Benz El diablo..after playing for a while...the volume would sometimes fade in and out.
Turns out the tubes were fine, but something in the effects loop was changing how the current went through it. Everything speced out OK, but once good and hot, it would act up. If your using an effect loop, try playing without it if only to narrow your search.
If your NOT playing with a loop, get you a small fan (I got one for like $6 at wal-mart) and let it blow on the back of the amp (not at the tubes...at the solid part of the amp where your speaker connections/effect loop etc go)
I did this on the Genz, and it fixed the problem 100%
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune